• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Would an outer wheel kit fit an AXYS PRO RMK?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
With the rear wheels ripping through my track I am wondering if this would stop that. I know sidehilling suffers and extra weight but I am looking at all options.
Will these actually fit the rails?

Capture.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Not sure if it would properly interface with the RMK through bolt style one. I know plenty of companies make 4 wheel billet axles. I Think IceAge, TKI, and another company or two make some. Then just order 2 more OEM wheels and your good to go.

That should definately help with the track rolling off the side. Its still going to wear, but should do it less. I know on my one axys the hyfax are worn in a curved pattern in the back.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Not sure if it would properly interface with the RMK through bolt style one. I know plenty of companies make 4 wheel billet axles. I Think IceAge, TKI, and another company or two make some. Then just order 2 more OEM wheels and your good to go.

That should definately help with the track rolling off the side. Its still going to wear, but should do it less. I know on my one axys the hyfax are worn in a curved pattern in the back.

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Teth:

I don't know about that Outer Wheel Kit fitting the Axys. I put one set of bogie wheels(Part #2881269) on my '17. Cost about $50 at the local dealer. I ran a set of bogies on my '15 Pro and the track and hyfax held up just fine at 1300 miles. The kit on my '15 would not fit the '17 Axys. Smaller holes on the Axys rails plus a thinner lip on the side of the rails.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Thanks guys, I best ask my dealer. With the track looser I think I may not have the problem again?? Don't try running loose though unless you address ratcheting. I am trying this by switching to 8 tooth drivers. Also every track gets clipped as running loose may make the window wear worse due to it wandering more.

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
I have the wheel kit on mine 2017 Assault 155 and it fits. The holes in the rails do need to be drilled out just a bit. The bolts that mount the blocks aren't the best so I used some different ones. I only have a couple of rides on it, with no problems. Also have a fully clipped track, having wear issues and Polaris wouldn't do anything. My wear was not as bad as some I have seen and after wheel kit and clips I do not see any new marks or wear in the couple of rides.

Premium Features