• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shock tip summit G4

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Are you asking for help in setting up the stock shocks or for recommendations for replacement shocks?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Personally, I hate air shocks, so im only going to comment on the Coilover options.

Fox has some really nice offerings. the 1.5 QS3's are a great simple option to handle a large array of conditions with an easy hand operated switch. Same with the rear except you are still stuck with the torsion springs

ZBROZ makes really nice shocks, and their torsion delete kit is a really cool setup that drops weight and gets you into a far nicer shock package to help control weight transfer which is a big factor in getting power to the snow on the G4 chassis.

I just got a set of Elka stage 5's and they are pretty incredible but over the needs of most mountain riders.

Basically, your looking at around $2-2500 for a full setup. You can go cheaper but you don't save a lot and really don't get the perks of the upgrades. So if your going to do it, drop some coin and get nice shocks tailored to your riding.

Evanbcx

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2015
Newfoundland
I have raptors on mine. I love them best upgrade I did. Yeh sled rode a lot better and didn't wash out as much with the ace locked out

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I'd stay w coil shocks - easier to adjust in my opinion. Others like air shocks though too.

Premium Features