• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Doo doctor floating secondary

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
Maybe with some great summons for excellence Doo will offer the 2018 with a floating secondary. Doubtful. I'm going to run one on my 18 regardless. Accompanied with the Roosterbuilt kit. Anyone run the floating secondary on the 17 with some good feedback?

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
floating secondary on a 17 TMS927 100 miles on stock secondary 500 miles on floating, removed noise insulation, no cooling holes in clutch cover, have had 0 belt issues with my primary, secondary changes

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
Stock spring, Stock inner and outer sheaves, ZRP weights loaded to 97.4 Grams. Helix and spring change in secondary and also gearing change.

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
No it is not a Doo doctor, custom shaft and a tundra 550 outer half with the shaft machined down to allow it to float

N
Oct 25, 2009
Stock spring, Stock inner and outer sheaves, ZRP weights loaded to 97.4 Grams. Helix and spring change in secondary and also gearing change.
Just being curious,,, did u happen to look at yr primary inner sleave and could u notice the wobble that is being seen on other g4's? thanks

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
Yes you can see the low spot on the inner sheave in the form of discoloration from belt slippage, I will say that I am also running a shim in both the front and rear engine mount on the PTO side to help control engine movement which is possibly counter productive to the BRP theory for the wobble. I have a light weight TRA that I would like to try on the 850 but would need to have the taper checked to confirm fitment.

Last edited:

revx827

Lifetime Membership
Jun 27, 2009
floatingqrs.com
Yes you can see the low spot on the inner sheave in the form of discoloration from belt slippage, I will say that I am also running a shim in both the front and rear engine mount on the PTO side to help control engine movement which is possibly counter productive to the BRP theory for the wobble. I have a light weight TRA that I would like to try on the 850 but would need to have the taper checked to confirm fitment.
Any pics of your shaft? Direct bolt in?
Do you have price?

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
Direct bolt in, have no price as this was a custom shaft made for the 850 chassis, shorter shaft from chain case to PTO bearing than the XM chassis, the only picture I can get you would be with the secondary off.

Premium Features