• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Own an Axys Assault? Want ZRP offset spindles?

DangerousDave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Kalama WA.
I recently bought a new 2017 Axys Assault with the intention of installing ZRP offset spindles to narrow it up. I thought the long travel Assault suspension would be awesome with these offset spindles! Unfortunately I learned the ZRP Axys Pro RMK spindles don't fit the Assault. I talked to ZRP and they would consider building them for the Assault if there was enough interest.
I'm looking for other Axys Assault owners that would buy them if they make them this year.

I'll buy the first set!

Who else wants them?

DangerousDave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Kalama WA.
Thanks guys, that's a great start!
Spread the work and keep chiming in!
I think there are more Axys Assaults out there than it seems, and I think the ZRP offset spindles would be a great improvement in the mountains.
Let's make it worth it for them to build them before next season...

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I have seen the picture on some of ZRPs posts !! That is the reason I started to research it ..

And make sure you get Assault RMK spindles because they are WAY different!!

I ran a 36" Z Bros Frontend last year and used RMK spindles . I think the Assault RMK spindles wod work better for the high clearance and less turning angle stop in them .

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I've had two friends in Alaska last weekend, that have Assaults, ask about the offset spindles so I passed that inquiry along to Bobby @ ZRP so there's some more interest for you guys!!

DangerousDave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Kalama WA.
I have seen the picture on some of ZRPs posts !! That is the reason I started to research it ..

And make sure you get Assault RMK spindles because they are WAY different!!

I ran a 36" Z Bros Frontend last year and used RMK spindles . I think the Assault RMK spindles wod work better for the high clearance and less turning angle stop in them .

True, the Axys Assault RMK uses different spindles than the Pro or Axys Pro.
I started this thread to see how much interest there is from Axys Assault owners to narrow up the Axys Assault RMK using offset spindles from ZRP.

They don't currently make offset spindles for the Axys Assault RMk but if there is enough interest they will consider it this year. With little change in 2018 it looks like we are in the 3rd year of Assaults that would benefit if they were to produce them.

If they don't make them, the alternative is going to be changing A-Arms, spindles, tie rods and shocks to Axys PRO RMK parts.

We have 3 so far in the first day!

Who else would order ZRP offset spindles for their AXYS Assault RMK if they make them?

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
Thanks for this post Dave! We are always looking to provide our fellow riders with needed products. Hopefully there's enough interest to justify producing them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

cdebodt44

Lifetime Membership
Apr 3, 2016
I have a buddy with a switchback assault that would definitely purchase these spindles. Might be a good idea to post this thread on the HCS forum for the SBA's. I'm guessing you would get lots of interest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DangerousDave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Kalama WA.
I have a buddy with a switchback assault that would definitely purchase these spindles. Might be a good idea to post this thread on the HCS forum for the SBA's. I'm guessing you would get lots of interest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the AXYS Switchback Assault spindles the same as the AXYS RMK Assault spindles?

E
Oct 22, 2009
NY
I'd be interested in seeing the differences as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The Switchback Assault uses the shorter trail front end spindles. If you have an offset spindle that fits the Switchback Assault I would love a set and I'm sure there are other guys out there that would also.

I want to be a little narrower but I don't want to go through the hassle and expense of swapping out the entire front end for the handful of times each year I really need a narrower sled...

DangerousDave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Kalama WA.
Seems like a decent amount of interest for offset spindles for the RMK Assault AND for the Swirchback Assault! I'm ready to order mine!

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
Seems like a decent amount of interest for offset spindles for the RMK Assault AND for the Swirchback Assault! I'm ready to order mine!

You mean these? :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-coo

K4_c1wC6AUrYY8HJkKovlcqHyHA06PpD7uKIkP9m8385rwptd5YWXSI13nLuh8gNNmUoSlws12R_I5JjORUUT5dJoX5vWRzM4bXwc4MLC_xcC-oDPgHaVOklTIVCH1deeQqn0QOHFU9N8Jn9nhfwTiU4asks0sOaJJOzJu5D65qbwUzAK6XAV_aSMKCuX5BFsf_3T8NZa-kQ-390iZaBuz5ij29lYa6eLrGOa1x-gjt_qCA1YdhCz4zMwptEYrdcps3qHHsiYimbzZDnwYZUN92c5v36jsbgRNJv_B8rKp4XFu151BFAsdnt62mH7EjWtOTLQnioWWXbIBswZlJi8ulr4FEi4HinXNDif0edhflfG-AVr3ZegjfdGQVtzl-1ajl3KXxe_Aq1op1eAtYZBF5kjXnSW-JT09_w2wnwNuqAU2xeEtSVbhCMhhPWyO0doQt_L4H3gWxZJ9Kvz1KdZiMtgcmTTDfR23Gu0fX_u6oAS-IKe281Hhni-b2csrDao8kmURmfgTSSjWOEcCcPkMpmLFFZ41Hng0la1PjyInBNfRfmHXZa6ff2uj8O3eU2fblnGqMIen513OSflFWCMFSnaDGJ3XP4tvw08Kf2lM0sEu1ySBx5=w469-h714-no

C
Dec 27, 2010
Sweden
What is the difference between axys assault and prormk spindles? I think about the measurement... is it only the measurement between the lower spindle mounting to the ski bolt hole Which is the difference? or? and If so, how much does it differ?

Premium Features