• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trading in a 16 SkS with a Silber

Coldestwinter1

Premium Member
Oct 8, 2014
New york
Trading my 16 SkS for a new one and removing the boost can the dealer reflash the ecu or do I have to send it in and is my new reflash goona cost $500?

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
Visi Visi

Currently: Not set.

Just got off the phone with Justin. I am in a similar situation but there are differences. I bought a brand new kit from them last year for my 155.

I am now looking at buying a new 163 for me and taking the turbo off of the 155 and putting it back to stock for me wife.

I called and they said the ecu's will swap and the speedometer will be fine because of the belt drive to belt drive. They did mention that I need to look at the injector color to make sure it is the same otherwise it won't work.

I asked if the colors for the injectors are different what needs to happen? They said that if they are not the ecu needs to be shipped to them to have reflashed. That's not a problem but was told that it was going to be a $250 service charge.

I bought my turbo kit from them and mean while I had my exhaust from their kit fail. The bolts from a style exhaust they dont make anymore that are tack welded in place broke off while I was riding. The bolts backed all the way out of the muffler and the muffler fell out while I was riding. Because of the exhaust leak it melted my pull rope insides and cost me $100 to get a used one off ebay. I missed rides because of down time. When I called them to get my exhaust they felt bad and said they dont have any in stock and would get me one as soon as possible. This was a month ago. They still do not have an exhaust for me and have had to spend $150 at a local machine shop to fix it.

Really like the performance of their kit, that is not the issue. I am disappointed at the availability of their manufactured parts and not telling their buyers that their will be a service fee for every ECU that is being mapped.

Now I directly asked "why" about the service fee. I was told that they have to pay royalties to the person who cracked the ECU. They have to have a S/N and V/N submitted to this person and they pay for every ECU being mapped.

Long story short. I love this kit. It runs great but, If you plan on taking your turbo off and swapping to a new sled like me be prepared for at minimum a $250 service fee.

off a post (silber reflash $500 really!) so I think the flash back to stock on the old sled is free but if you gunna put it on a new sled its going to cost ya.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Reflashing it for another sled-VIN will have the fee.

Putting it back to stock does not.

Agree- !! ^^
Additionally, we have had our dealer flash ecu's back to stock- on the trade in we have been seeing this late season-- So yes that is something to consider......... That is If your dealer is a friendly one......

Premium Features