• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

O6 900 electrical help

11mudder

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2016
Sorry kind of long but figured I should put everthing in here I have tried so far. Pulled motor to fix a steering issue, got everything back together and fired it up and everything seemed to worked except for the mfd and reverse. Noticed the warning lights would light up in the mfd when it first started like normal but that was all, no display. Stator tests normal, tested voltage at the accessory port and headlight plug and was seeing 12-13.4 volts. Tried different chassis relay and nothing changed so put original relay back in and started probing for power. Had 12+ volts at relay inputs and also seems to have a good ground. So started looking at the harness to see if I could find anything there and noticed with multi meter hooked to chassis ground if I touched a power/red wire I had continuity so that tells me I have something grounding out correct? Found if I unplug the right ECU plug continuity goes away. VR also unplugged and stator unplugged. Probing wires going to ECU have continuity between pins 26 (voltage reg power) and 28 (ground) Does this mean I have a fried ECU? Seems odd as I don't know why it would have done it. Sled starts and seems to idle and rev fine, just no DC power it appears now. Any ideas on what to look at next?

Premium Features