• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Ski-Doo Linq System Removable Snow Flap Instal

B
Nov 25, 2012
Don't think many will have the chance to try it Dave. After the bulletin BRP just dropped there is going to be a mass exodus from loyal customers decimating sales. You might want have a heart to heart with the higher ups about this one.

B
Nov 25, 2012
Norona, I have a 165 x 3", followed everything that you had originally posted in your get belt heat down. As well as adding weight to the pin to get my RPMs down. They are dead on 8000 on clicker three now. Mine is on it's 5 belt in 850 miles. All belts have been warranty so I'm not livid mad about about the issue. But just like in 08 the warranty belts will stop at a point and that's when the really angry me will come out. I know as a spokesperson you are only obligate to say that they are working on fixing the issues and it will be on the 18 sleds. But if BRP wants to save any kind of face for this fiasco they will need to rectify it for people on their 17's.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Norona, I have a 165 x 3", followed everything that you had originally posted in your get belt heat down. As well as adding weight to the pin to get my RPMs down. They are dead on 8000 on clicker three now. Mine is on it's 5 belt in 850 miles. All belts have been warranty so I'm not livid mad about about the issue. But just like in 08 the warranty belts will stop at a point and that's when the really angry me will come out. I know as a spokesperson you are only obligate to say that they are working on fixing the issues and it will be on the 18 sleds. But if BRP wants to save any kind of face for this fiasco they will need to rectify it for people on their 17's.

I agree, when we sit in meetings Tony and I mention this. They have not figured that out yet, but they are looking into all options. What ski-doo does not want is to throw something out there like other aftermarket companies have done, and that not work, then you will be very mad as expected.
The fix has to work and it takes time for sure...easy to say when your not having the issue. However just look at what is happening now with the offset, they have received a formal answer and most don't believe it!? This is the reason it is hard for manufactures to even answer questions and removes them further from the consumer. Most of these guys bantering calling it BS don't even own the sled. That is why it is best to track what is going on with your sled and call customer service, you will get a lot further there than internet witch hunting.
I was helped a lot by the community of sledding when I started and so I like to keep communication open, I also could care less if anyone believes me cause I know personally I don't lie and am honest. Typical you have guys like Fredw saying I do lie and blah blah blah, but he is the one lying most of the time and when it comes out nobody call him on his ****.
On the subject have you tried running the belt higher in your secondary, so the deflection is tighter, if you have not tried that please do and let me know, also check it through the day as you might find it drops down....so adjust it. I do run my belt higher in the secondary. Let me know how that goes dave@davenorona.com if you want to email me or private message me here.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I agree, when we sit in meetings Tony and I mention this. They have not figured that out yet, but they are looking into all options. What ski-doo does not want is to throw something out there like other aftermarket companies have done, and that not work, then you will be very mad as expected.

The fix has to work and it takes time for sure...easy to say when your not having the issue. However just look at what is happening now with the offset, they have received a formal answer and most don't believe it!?

This is the reason it is hard for manufactures to even answer questions and removes them further from the consumer. Most of these guys bantering calling it BS don't even own the sled.

All my conversations with BRP Corporate strongly suggest they are ACTIVELY WORKING THIS PROBLEM and will come up with a solution later this Spring or Summer.

And when I posted that BR Bulletin across Social Media yesterday on behalf of BRP you would be AMAZED at the number of people that called me out for posting FAKE NEWS, claiming it was NOT AUTHENTIC and DID NOT COME FROM BRP.

With the truth staring them in the face, they DENIED it.
Unfreaking believable.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Can we leave the belt/clutch bitching comments to the belt threads.

On the snow flap issue. Other than backing up, under what circumstances would you wanna take the flap off? I trimmed mine this last season and it's never been caught in the track, but the track throws a nasty roost.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Can we leave the belt/clutch bitching comments to the belt threads.

On the snow flap issue. Other than backing up, under what circumstances would you wanna take the flap off? I trimmed mine this last season and it's never been caught in the track, but the track throws a nasty roost.

In deep powder snow, the G4 snowflap is more flexible at the rivets that it does allow for snow to evacuate, however not having a flap is quite a noticeable difference. But you do want it for the trail so you don't throw ice balls and rocks at your buddies and a huge rooter tail

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
2018 Ski-Doo Linq System Removable Snow Flap

I thought the original reason for running a snow flap was to help redirect some snow back up into the tunnel (and cooler) to improve the cooling in marginal snow conditions like what we would see in the Spring and on all groomed trails.
Preventing stuff from being thrown back on the trail by not having a snow flap would be secondary at best. We have lots of sledders with short flaps that pass on the trail and spray the unsuspecting rider because that is who they are???

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I thought the original reason for running a snow flap was to help redirect some snow back up into the tunnel (and cooler) to improve the cooling in marginal snow conditions like what we would see in the Spring and on all groomed trails.
Preventing stuff from being thrown back on the trail by not having a snow flap would be secondary at best. We have lots of sledders with short flaps that pass on the trail and spray the unsuspecting rider because that is who they are???

You are exactly right! And why the snowflap is important and needed. However in the alpine you don't need it and having the ability to remove it means you have it ideal for the ride up and down and ideal for riding the deep snow, and guys won't have to cut it and spray guys on the trail.

J
Oct 21, 2015
Minnesota
Question. On a 154 with a LinQ tunnel bag, will the snowflap fit behind the bag properly? Does it use the same LinQ brackets?
Sorry if I missed this, didn't watch the video or read previous comments above... Thanks!

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
The other day I found another use for the removable snowflap...

So.. great thinking on BRP's part to raise the bumper at the tail, it is the small things.

I was stuck in some heavy wet snow near the cabin on Frisby Ridge in Revelstoke and there was almost no way I was digging down to free up my snow flap so I could get my hands around the bumper. I imagine if I could remove the flap or even already have it removed prior to being stuck I would easily have been able to get my hands around the rear bumper to lift the rear out. So deep days up in the deep, heck yes, this might have to be a necessity.

It just makes sense because the only time you need a flap is when you're riding in hard packed conditions(trail/very late season/setup snow). No other way to look at it.

Premium Features