• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'18 Ctec2 race comparison

S

SledderX

Sep 20, 2008
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
I did a some drag races with the 18' this week against my 16' both 162" tracks. Uphill races on both hard packed and powder runs. I feel at wide open throttle the motors are very similar for power output. But the 18' gets up and going much smoother and faster a consistent 3 sled lengths or more.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Snow Checked!

Been waiting 3-4 years for this sled. Finally time to retire the M1000. Snowchecked a 162" yesterday. :bounce:

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
I did a some drag races with the 18' this week against my 16' both 162" tracks. Uphill races on both hard packed and powder runs. I feel at wide open throttle the motors are very similar for power output. But the 18' gets up and going much smoother and faster a consistent 3 sled lengths or more.

Tracks both 2.6 or 3 and rider weight close to same? I assume fuel levels were close.

Pow-Shredder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2015
The Hills
The 2015 had a 2.6 but the 2016 had a 3 inch. We both had been riding the same amount. So if anything the 18 had more gas being more efficient.

Whoops thought you were talking about the video.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Stock to stock i believe without a doubt the 18 will pull the holeshot. Top end is close but i think the 18 is probably a touch better.
I hope the C-tech responds to mods as well as the Zuke.

Jaws pipe, MDS weights and geared 2.45:1 my zuke will pull away from the 18 from the hole all the way to the top.
Cant wait to tweak my 18!

Mountain Cat!

S

SledderX

Sep 20, 2008
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Coldfinger

Yes both 3" and yes very close in weight and yes riding together with same amount of fuel. 16' has a can and reeds that's it. 18' totally stock and out of break in. I can't say 100 percent it's the motor and not the clutching and drop and roll of the 18' that makes it so strong out of the hole but it most definitely is working. Launched ahead atleast 3 lengths in hard pack as well as soft snow. Even switched riders. The starting hot without throttle and no loading up from idle or downhills just super clean at all times is sure welcomed characteristics on the c tec motor tho. Sad it took so long. Did the same runs with a 154" 850 and sadly for him the results were even worse but in his defence he didn't have the footprint. Safe to say he was still surprised.

Premium Features