• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who has turbos for the 850

Juggs

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
throwing up getting a turbo for my 850 .. what brand do you guys reccomend ?? want something simple and reliable ,,, was lloking at the side kick .. but i am not giving any one 500 $ with out knowing when i am getting it

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
throwing up getting a turbo for my 850 .. what brand do you guys reccomend ?? want something simple and reliable ,,, was lloking at the side kick .. but i am not giving any one 500 $ with out knowing when i am getting it

Good luck with a $500 turbo kit!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Silber, Boondocker, MPI, and Aerocharger and I believe Turbo-Performance, Boost-It and Impulse are working on them too.

None of them have complete testing on consumer sleds with the Consumer/EPA production calibrations (those sleds from BRP are just starting delivery now, and the snow is just arriving !!) Pre-Production sleds, by BRP's own admission, are not the same as the production versions.

I hope that the kits are not released to the consumers until considerable on-snow validation work can be done with production sleds.

All of the pre production units that I've seen look like nice kits...

Heck... I think the MPI unit has a MSRP under $3000 with clean lines to the design... which is good for us consumers.
thumb.gif

Christopher will be working with MPI this season, I believe, to check out their kit and report to our readers his feedback on it. (looking forward to this).

Last edited:
T
Jan 18, 2016
I would suggest turbo performance or redline performance to anyone. I dont have either, but working with bryce from turbo performance and david from redline, both are stand up guys and make great products. They will both work with u to help tune and answer any questions u have.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
I would suggest turbo performance or redline performance to anyone. I dont have either, but working with bryce from turbo performance and david from redline, both are stand up guys and make great products. They will both work with u to help tune and answer any questions u have.
I had the same experience. I don't have either of there kits but I am running the redline controller on my silber etec and Bryce has been answering all of my calls and texts. This redline box is definitely something special and when I get a 850 I will be looking these guys up.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net

Hey you should definitely give us a call 801-807-8046. We have our turbos on the hill for several weeks now, with costumers having a blast.
We have 3 different settings:
Sonic Z: With a Garret turbo, 2.5" aluminum charge tube, Tunable Red Line Performance Fuel controller, Billet aluminum before throttle body secondary injectors, Boost levels ranges 4-12 PSI, Custom designed Turbosmart blow off valve. Comes with oil pump and tank, also gauge package.
Sonic X: It's pretty similar to the Sonic Z, also with a Garret Turbo, but without oil pump and gauge package.
Sonic R: Similar to the Sonic X, but instead of a Garret Turbo it comes with a 2860 RS turbo.

Here's you can find more information http://www.turboboyz.com/catalog/index.php?id_category=66&controller=category, but we will love to talk to you if you give us a call and explain more in detail 801-807-8046

Here are two videos of than can show you how they're working. As soon as they send us more, we will definitely post them. The first is running a Sonic x, and the second a Sonic R.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xS39KkUJgkI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vZudPYD14lQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JmcGK3c5IMQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I rode the aerocharger 850 a few days ago. On 5 lbs of boost it freaking moves. It felt very similar to an axys set at 8 lbs.

Premium Features