• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

wtf, so wierd i cant even get mad this time

S
Mar 4, 2008
Bend, OR
last time i went out riding i hit a compression before a little climb, heard a pop and then gear noise. coasted up a little and then rolled down because i had no break. towed back and when i opened it up at home i found that my drive shaft had broken behind the bottom sprocket inside the case(bearings were fine). anybody else had this happen? i just dont see any reason for this to happen...

S
Mar 4, 2008
Bend, OR
now im mad...

its an 01 mc800...i thought this would be a somewhat easy fix because ive changed drivers a bunch. where the break happend its all burred up and i cant get the bearing off. I cant even get it to go back on the shaft so i can smooth the burrs. no room to get a grinder in there and cut anything off without cutting off one of the drivers. any ideas before i butcher the sh*t out of it tomarrow?

005.JPG 004.JPG

S
Mar 4, 2008
Bend, OR
haha that was me in the video the first 10 times my sled broke down, now im getting used to it. i got a jaw puller and popped it off pretty easy but now i looked at my chain and theres a broken link...i just got a hyvo set up too and dont really want to drop 70 bucks on a new chain, should i run the one w/the broken link or is gonna blow up on me soon?

U
Nov 26, 2007
NW Montana
haha that was me in the video the first 10 times my sled broke down, now im getting used to it. i got a jaw puller and popped it off pretty easy but now i looked at my chain and theres a broken link...i just got a hyvo set up too and dont really want to drop 70 bucks on a new chain, should i run the one w/the broken link or is gonna blow up on me soon?

There is quite a few 900's and king kats getting parted out. They have a 1 1/4 drive shaft and a 15 wide chain and gears. Upgrade and that will solve your problem. Everything is a bolt in. This a common problem on the 04 600's.

Premium Features