• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

38 inch Front End with Sway Bar

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Hey guys.

I have a strange question for you.. Probably something no one has thought about until now..

I do quite a bit of trail riding these days. Especially with the kids and my wife and I'm looking for the ultimate crossover set up. I have a 2015 Viper turbo 153 right now. I love the 38 inch front end on it. I believe it could be a crossover game changer with a sway bar and quick disconnect set up. I know the XF comes with the 40 inch and sway bar, but I feel that's just too wide for off trail.. especially with a heavier 4 stroke engine and 8 inch skis.

My question is, how difficult would it be to attach the sway bar to the a-arms? If you have some suggestions I would love to hear it..

I'm looking at different brackets now trying to figure out if I can make it work. Possibly even fabricating a bracket and welding it to the arm.. I just don't want to sacrifice durability either..

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

O
Dec 9, 2010
High falls, NY
It's not a hard thing to do. My buddy has a 13 pc with 38 in arms and he wanted to have a quick disconnect away bar like our buddies freeride has. So I got a cat swat bar from a 40" xf and then welded some tabs on the a arms like the 40" arms come with. I used the stock links that come from cat and I just tack welded the bolts to the tab and sway bar and used cotter pins with a washer against the link so they can be taken off on the trail. He's been using them for 2 seasons now and really likes it! Welding on the a arms won't decrease durability as long as they're welded correctly. It's no different then cat welding them on the other width arms

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
It's not a hard thing to do. My buddy has a 13 pc with 38 in arms and he wanted to have a quick disconnect away bar like our buddies freeride has. So I got a cat swat bar from a 40" xf and then welded some tabs on the a arms like the 40" arms come with. I used the stock links that come from cat and I just tack welded the bolts to the tab and sway bar and used cotter pins with a washer against the link so they can be taken off on the trail. He's been using them for 2 seasons now and really likes it! Welding on the a arms won't decrease durability as long as they're welded correctly. It's no different then cat welding them on the other width arms

That's awesome! If its not too much trouble do you think you could get a couple pics. I'd really like to see the tabs you welded on to the a-arms. Might give my welder buddy a better idea of what to make up.

I'm not sure why Cat doesn't do this from factory. The on trail stability would be appreciated by most riders.

Premium Features