• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Post 18 ride reports here!!

bkm20x

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Arnolds Park, IA
Stop whining you bitc#es ...new 800, narrow body, less weight, other refinements...could be BNG (Polaris) or more weight ( skidoo, bulkhead brace) ....yes I snow checked first ever

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
This biotch has a brand new Mountain Cat coming!

I'm glad Polaris started the weight war, if not they would all be heavy as hell.
I am also Glad Cat decided reliability is more important than weight loss! There is a happy medium and Cat is there. Not to far off on the weight and very durable.
Meow.

Mountain Cat!

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I like the goggle bag but I don't run one anymore because it's one of the best spots on the sled to let under hood heat out. I use the plastic grate there instead. Lets out the heat and keeps out the snow

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
To me, it seems like the new style goggle bag is smaller then the previous version? Looked like there was more open space to let out heat.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
We have a few hundred thousand fans, I'm sure a few of them are snowmobilers.
Hell, when #52 Brock Coyle took some of the team to Montana to go snowmobiling, they all rode Cats! Even B-waggz.

Not so sure i want to sell it yet. It still pulls harder than the 18.

Mountain Cat!

S

SledderX

Sep 20, 2008
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
I have a demo 18' 162 out for the week now has 8.5 hours on it. Today at the end of the day the oil light came on but it's near full of oil. Light stayed on for about 10 km back to truck and I restarted it a couple times and it's still on. Just topped it up in the shop and it's still on. Any ideas ? Don't really wanna blow this thing up.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
oil light

I have a demo 18' 162 out for the week now has 8.5 hours on it. Today at the end of the day the oil light came on but it's near full of oil. Light stayed on for about 10 km back to truck and I restarted it a couple times and it's still on. Just topped it up in the shop and it's still on. Any ideas ? Don't really wanna blow this thing up.

The level sender looks to be on the back of the tank check the wiring connection first, it is a simple level switch and they have failed in the past. Follow the harness and check all connections. You can check if the switch is in right as the flat spot on the switch needs to line up with the case. The parts pic shows the flat to the inside of the machine. The light as far as i know is strictly a level indicator it does not have any connection to the injection system. On the previous models that is how the system functions.I hope this helps.

P

pj8556

Jan 11, 2008
God's country
The sidehilling was the biggest letdown.
I even had my friend(polaris rider) ride the 2018 back to back with mine to give me his opinion. He agreed, my sled is better at sidehilling. I hope it was just bad suspension setup?

I expected mine to have a little more power, as it should.
The bottom end and midrange everyone has been talking about is what i expected to be close to or better than mine.
Like i said earlier, Hopefully i can ride one again that has 7+hrs on it.

My clutching is far from dialed, i need help from someone with more clutching knowledge than me.

snowmow
ya but youre a D-bag with a Seahawks themed sled

knh208

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
I got to ride an '18 early release 162 today at Revy. Cheers to the guys from T&T in Bonnyville.

The engine and clutches are super smooth. So good. Pulls hard. Handles great. I can't wait for my upgrade year!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Premium Features