• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boosted 2017 switchback assault

Coldestwinter1

Premium Member
Oct 8, 2014
New york
Just put a Silber on sba 800 low elevation setup. I snow checked the sled and turbo thinking it would be more like 144 SkS and be rideable out west however I was wrong. After picking up the sled and putting 200 trail miles on it decided that it would still be fun to boost. Also having a SkS with the same setup it would give me time and experience on a similar setup. When I get the ecu I'll report back to all you guys wondering what it'll do down between 0-2000'. I'll start off at 3lbs and on 3 gallons avgas the try no avgas then try 5lbs on 3 gallons and then ween it back as well just to see what it can handle I'll report back.

Coldestwinter1

Premium Member
Oct 8, 2014
New york
It is without question the fastest accelerating sled I've ever rode on trail in my life and wheelies on demand off trail. It's a really fun ride. Completely controllable on trail but obviously needs way more braking time. Off trail it does what you want when you want. Comparing it to my 16 sks with the same kit it way more fun home but obviously wouldn't stand a chance on the mountain. The SKS is much more tamed being longer and a lot more predictable however it will stand up on its tail without hesitation off trail as well. At first I kind of regretted putting the turbo on the SBA but after riding it its way more fun than stock hands down a great decision for the fun factor.

Coldestwinter1

Premium Member
Oct 8, 2014
New york
Sled run just fine on 3#'s and 91 no sputter or hesitation at all it actually runs like a really well tuned stock sled with tons of torque. For clutching I'm running stock helix and what the kit comes with for springs 81 grams on the tips with tungsten washers it pulls 8250 off trail and 8400 on trail. Never tried the 5# spring no need but will probably gear it up a little next year

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Few guys out your way have been running them at 3lbs all year. In Maine and the chic chocks. We have some clutching that really works well with the Silber. Pm me or go to mdsclutching.com and ask for Steve.

Premium Features