• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel Octane?

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Back then I ran a gt2871-2

After riding a sidekick, Boonedocker should be ashamed. Rather ride a light weight stocker.
But I'm looking at a boost it, I think Racin station has some. So far it's the only kit that has what I think it will take to make it worth it. Hopefully I'll know soon

I'm really happy with the boost-it turbo with a gtx wheel on my 2016 M8 LTD 162.
They suggest mixing 50/50 premium/race fuel at 6-8 lbs.
Maybe you'll find out you can run less octane.

S
Mar 10, 2014
Colorado Springs
I was running 3 gallons of VP 110 race gas mixed with 91 last weekend up at Jones Pass (10k+ ft elevation) and getting the octane code on WOT pulls at 9 psi...

G*d d*mned sled, man.
With low boost actuator, I max out at 5.8 psi
With the high boost actuator, it will go all the way to 9.2 psi, even if I have the EBC set at 7 psi.

Need more octane.

I'm honestly just going to dump 100% av gas in the f*cker, go run it, and see if I get an octane code. If not, then I'll start cutting it back until I find out how much octane I don't need. Driving out to go riding and then finding I can't WOT because octane is sh*tty.

*edit - BD PG turbo 2013 M8

Last edited:
B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Back then I ran a gt2871-2

After riding a sidekick, Boonedocker should be ashamed. Rather ride a light weight stocker.
But I'm looking at a boost it, I think Racin station has some. So far it's the only kit that has what I think it will take to make it worth it. Hopefully I'll know soon

If you are getting an '18, Silber will have a kit ready for next year. If they run like their Axys kits you will be very happy. And you won't need to take out a second mortgage to pay for it.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
I mix my fuel and ride at 4500/6500 With my setup i mix 2 gallons 110 with 3.5 gallons of 91 never hit the det . Also i have the timing advanced 3 dagrees with no retarder And now a days i run 10/12 psi with no issues i just changed the pistons at3000 miles and they needed it. only one corner chip on one reed. To much octane is a fun killer for sure.

Premium Features