• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski doo 850 boost it turbo

2014xm

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
I see boost it came out with two of their turbos for the 850.. anyone have experience with boost it amd have had a turbo kit from them? Reliability, quality and fit/finish and anything else I need to know about boost it. Also anyone know when impulse will have their kit done. TIA

Last edited:

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Boost-it stuff is always top notch. I own a Boost it Pro they put together. Customer service , fit ,finish and performance is all ways excellent. Being a Canadian company you will find more info on snow and mud.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Product description video

We put together a vid describing the 850 kit.

<iframe width="1000" height="563" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U6sPCDjWOIk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
https://youtu.be/U6sPCDjWOIk

Last edited by a moderator:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Thanks NM.

Looks good.

Who are your different US vendors, in addition to RacinStation?

What are the US prices on those kits including all import duties?

I assume by your "altitude compensator" package, you are referring to a "low boost" kit... What is your target MAP pressure (PSIa or kPa) for this kit?

What is your philosophy on the high volume airbox in your kit?

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Thanks NM.

Looks good.

Who are your different US vendors, in addition to RacinStation?

What are the US prices on those kits including all import duties?

I assume by your "altitude compensator" package, you are referring to a "low boost" kit... What is your target MAP pressure (PSIa or kPa) for this kit?

What is your philosophy on the high volume airbox in your kit?
Racin Station is the sole importer of our products. He will be able to quote pricing, but expect around a 20% reduction from our Canadian pricing.

The non intercooled kit is designed to run about one pound of boost for every 1000 ft above sea level. This way it should always make the same power and clutching will hold the 78-8000 rpm target. Of course temperature has some effect on this target, but our numbers are based on the standard temperature lapse rate.

The large airbox helps with bottom end and on/off throttle transitions. The lag becomes less of a factor due to available air to get the motor and turbo accelerated.
Dumping blow off air directly in to the factory hood intake also helps with on/off throttle transitions.

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
The non intercooled kit is designed to run about one pound of boost for every 1000 ft above sea level. This way it should always make the same power and clutching will hold the 78-8000 rpm target. Of course temperature has some effect on this target, but our numbers are based on the standard temperature lapse rate.

What elevation is this targeted for? With atmospheric pressure changing ~.5 psi/1k ft, you are going to be running different MAP values depending on elevation.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
What elevation is this targeted for? With atmospheric pressure changing ~.5 psi/1k ft, you are going to be running different MAP values depending on elevation.
The kit is designed for altitudes of 4500 ft and above.
Rather than adjusting clutching (clickers) we instruct the customer to adjust boost pressure to attain target rpm. Half a turn on the boost dial up or down is equal to about 100 rpm. It is a quick and easy adjustment.
It is really no different than someone adjusting clickers for rpm. This is just easier and power is maintained at elevation.

Premium Features