• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Install and Review: Ski-Doo Fuel Caddy

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
images

Ski-Doo Stackable LinQ Fuel Caddy - 15 L/ 4 Gallons

Part number: 860201265
http://store.ski-doo.com/product/1032466/860201265/_/Stackable_LinQ_Fuel_Caddy_-_15_L_(US)#

• New design for easier pouring.
  • 15-liter (4 US gallons) capacity.
  • Allows a LinQ tunnel bag to stack on top for more storage.
  • Note: Fuel caddies cannot be stacked.
  • Fits: REV (G4), REV-XU with LinQ Adaptor Plate (860200945)

NOTE:
This product was bought and paid for by myself with my personal funds through a commercial Ski-Doo retailer.
This is NOT a sponsored product review!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
In my case, I am mounting this on a 2017 Summit X 165, which has 2 Linq mounting points on it.

picture.php

The mounting holes are predrilled and covered over by the LINQ decals. They need only be opened up with a screwdriver.
picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
picture.php

The fasteners are simply pushed through the holes from the underside of the tunnel by hand.
picture.php

The attachment mount is placed over the mount and the screws are dropped in.
picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
When the fuel caddy is lowered into place, the closed locking mechanism will stop it from being properly seated.
picture.php

picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
When the locking mechanism is opened, then it aligns with the mount and allows insertion.
picture.php

picture.php

Once seated and "Locked", the safety strap is fastened back in place and the Fuel Caddy is SECURELY mounted to the sled and ready for action.

picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Thoughts and Comments.

As most of you know I am brand new to the Ski-Doo brand and to 2 stroke sleds in general. For the last many years I have been a hard core Yamaha enthusiast. So while the entire Linq system may be "Old News" to you, this was my very first introduction to it and I must admit I was DAMN IMPRESSED with it. I have NEVER had a simpler, faster, easier or more friendly install of a product that I can remember.!

This whole process took me MINUTES where doing something equivalent on my Nytro or Viper could easily take an hour and result in a garage floor covered in aluminum shavings..

BRAVO SKI-DOO for a terrific mounting system.

Other thoughts.
This little 4 gallon tank is HEAVY!
I was very surprised to see that she tipped the scales at 7 and a Half pounds! That weight comes from a very robust plastic and thick strong side walls. I would "Think" that this tank will have absolutely no problems with the sled rolling over with it attached...

Now that the installation is done.
My review will come just as soon as we have enough snow to get out and start riding here in South Eastern Idaho.

Ski-Doo_MY09_black.jpg

Last edited:

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
Ski-Doo Fuel Caddy

I have used the 11 L fuel caddy with the linq system since 2014 on my Summit X XM, took the brackets off and installed the fuel caddy on my 2017 as described above. No issues while rolling the sled over with the fuel caddy or the mid tunnel bag and they fit the 2017 sled without any modifications from the early XM chassis. I always carry fuel but rarely use it and we stash our fuel so its not on the sled all day.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I have used the 11 L fuel caddy with the linq system since 2014 on my Summit X XM, took the brackets off and installed the fuel caddy on my 2017 as described above. No issues while rolling the sled over with the fuel caddy or the mid tunnel bag and they fit the 2017 sled without any modifications from the early XM chassis. I always carry fuel but rarely use it and we stash our fuel so its not on the sled all day.

So far I only have ONE day's ride on the sled and we did use up pretty much a FULL tank of gas. But had we found any REAL SNOW on top of the mountain I have NO DOUBT at all that we would have burned through the full contents of the Fuel Caddy!!

As for me and my 3 850's, ALL of them will have caddies on them!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Good job on the photos, nice and clear.
One of the really nice things about this forum is that we have the SPACE to upload nice HIGH RESOLUTION PHOTOS and can put as many as it takes to make the project CLEAR to people

I hate having to buy things on the internet that I have not been able to TOUCH and FEEL in person.

So when I do these reviews I will use the photos to try and over come that as much as I can for you!

All three of our 850s now have the Fuel Caddies mounted on them.
And to be perfectly honest I feel MUCH better having the extra gas!:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features