• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Advice on running a turbo?

H
What's up guys I got a 16 m8 limited and I've been looking at snowchecking a pro rmk and putting a turbo on it. Only reason I'm looking at a poo is because It doesn't seem like they got the kits as dialed on cats. What kit would you guys say is the best for a cat. Are turboed cats as reliable as the Polaris, I mean would assume there more reliable, seems like cats motor is way stronger, but I just don't see anywhere near as many guys running turbo cats. Is there a reason the kits cost more for the cats? Any info you guys can share would be appreciated.. Thanks! ✊✊✊

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
Take a look at boost-it kits for the cats. It's up to your likes, cat or poo. Polaris the worst for engine reliability, I can't quite understand how poo owners keep going to the light, then zap.. lol
I do hope the axys motor isn't having the troubles they had with the pro, because I like that chassis.

mk2g60

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, NH
www.shock-tech.com
The Cat 800 turbo's are pretty much bullet proof plenty of guys running them. Don't know what your budget is but go with a Tial set up if you can afford it, it's well worth the extra bucks. Call OVS we've been running their kits on our race sleds for several years now those guys are great to deal with.

badaltitude

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2010
north dakota
Bd kits are 3999 right now. Ordered one yesterday for my 16. They are gonna have a sidekick set up and a sidekick-x available for cat this fall. Sidekick will be set 6# and $3999, 91octane. Sidekick-X will be 10# on 50/50 race or AV/91 with intercooler and will be about 4700 according to BD. I have had great luck with turboed cats, especially compared to the 2 turboed poos I had b4.

S
Mar 10, 2014
Colorado Springs
I just installed the BD base kit on my '13 Proclimb last week. Aside from the instructions being out-dated, it is not technically difficult if you have a working knowledge of the sled and some mechanical ability.
It can be quite time-consuming. The only issue I had with the install was that the wiring harness from the computer to the APV servo was about 1/4" too short. I had to cut/splice/shrinkwrap/extend the wiring. Not a big deal.

I did two days of test riding the BD kit this weekend, and aside from my clutching needing some tweaks, and that I had my throttle cable overly tight (caused problems with TPS sensor) I am 100% happy with it. You'll never want an N/A sled again.

Running BD's base #'s with no bogging or sputtering or throttle dead spots or bullsh*t. Sled starts on first pull and straight up rips.

As far as the Polaris vs. Cat thing goes... I was the only Cat in a crew of four RMK's. Three were running Silber turbos.

M
Nov 22, 2016
Turbo

Hey guys I am about to install a turbo onto my 2010 m8. I currently have it chipped, pipped (including y-pipe), clutched, boysens reeds, and a upgraded top end. I have never worked with a turbo before so I am nervous about how to tweek it for it to perform properly. And sadly I do not know the brand of the turbo kit yet I am getting it from a friend of a friend so I know I may need to do some repairs on it before installing it. Once I have it installed I will be riding in elevation below 6,000 feet, what will I need to set my boost at and what octane should I be running. Keeping in mind I am a decent rider with good sled control but far from the next Chris Burandt!! And the same questions for when I go ride in the rocks.

Premium Features