• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

You Ladies Ever Ridden A Snow Bike?

P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
Hey ladies - have you tried a snow bike?

I've now ridden them three times and had so much fun on them! It's a totally different riding style than snowmobiling but that's what's so cool about them - snow bikes totally open up a whole new world of riding snow! I've heard some say they are boring and easy to ride... hmmm, well so is a snowmobile if you don't take it into the right terrain! I haven't gotten to spend a whole lot of time on them but the little bit of time I have, I found myself weaving in and out of trees, laying it over and then taking lines left and right that aren't possible on my sled! And for a small person like me - it's easier to handle them on a steep slope - two skis vs. one makes side hilling a lot less intimidating! I also found they go killer through the powder! Oh and did I mention how sore I am from it! Holy heck, I found new muscles that's for sure! Anyway, I don't own one but some day!

sarah-whipple-snowbike-03.jpg sarah-whipple-snowbike-02.jpg sarah-whipple-snowbike-04.jpg

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
A couple of ladies had them at the Ladies ride in Halfway OR last year! They look fun.

They look intimidating to handle on the trail. Did you struggle with that at all?

W

Wowmom

Feb 10, 2013
Texas
A guy in our group is building one, my husband and I picked the motorcycle for him a couple weeks ago..... Not sure I'm brave enough to give it a try!

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
4 rides on mine and I'm having a riot! Way different style and you cover so much ground so easily and quickly. I keep getting myself into places I shouldn't be. ie avalanche terrain. Makes me nervous as all hell... as I get more experience under my belt I'll be able to look "out" into the terrain further and make better line choices.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

IMG_3002rs.jpg IMG_9318rs.jpg IMG_9480rs.jpg

H
Oct 7, 2008
Ferndale,Wa.
I would like to revive this thread....I have an older snowbike setup and my wife likes to ride it in the powder but not sure she could handle it on the hard packed trail. What are you gals riding and how are they on the hardpack?

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
My wife is 5' 4" and this is her ride . it's all in the set up even with the bikes .
Try finding the original Snow Hawk ski with the trackers . It's way more aggressive than any of the bike kit skis and tracks true . It's horrible in deep snow .
There's a few Hawk riders that participate in the bike section that could help you .
That is how I started her out so she could build her confidence on the hard pack and now she clips down trails like it's no big deal with a TS ski that has a lot less traction .

The bike has to be set up for her otherwise it will be a short lived hobby.

IMG_20161226_132422405~2.jpg

P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
I would like to revive this thread....I have an older snowbike setup and my wife likes to ride it in the powder but not sure she could handle it on the hard packed trail. What are you gals riding and how are they on the hardpack?

I'm riding a 2017 Timbersled ST LE 120 - not sure if I'll be upgrading to the new ARO yet but I did get a chance to demo the new kit and ski last spring and it seamed to handle awesome on the trail! My 17 ski does feel pretty unstable on the ice but everywhere else it's fine although I did wipe out pretty good once on the hardpack in a corner last year so I just always look for the soft stuff - embankments are super fun to ride anyway - WAY MORE FUN than the trail! :D

Premium Features