• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber seems rich after taking a break

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
Its happening after its heat soaked and still warm after a stop for a break. Doesn't do it when its cold. Sometimes blipping the throttle too fast after the break will make it bog and die. If I very slowly increase the throttle I can get pass the bog and then 30 seconds running its back to h*ll yeah. Always starts fine.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Its happening after its heat soaked and still warm after a stop for a break. Doesn't do it when its cold. Sometimes blipping the throttle too fast after the break will make it bog and die. If I very slowly increase the throttle I can get pass the bog and then 30 seconds running its back to h*ll yeah. Always starts fine.

Which downpipe do you have?
How many miles on sled?

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
2015 kit...1500 miles on 2014 sled. Seems I remember reading a while back about the maf sensor or the pipe temp sensor maybe causing this? I am going to clean my powervalves and check for boost leak. Its always done it if I remember right.

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Mines always doggy after a warm restart. Either let it idle and blip throttle for 10 seconds or expect to deal with the rich condition.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
My observation from owning turbo sleds is rich condition at start up means more power on the big end and less Pistons to buy. Ethanol switch can also help with this and I can really tell the difference on how much AV gas I'm running. I'm still convinced a tuned carb set up right will make more big power than a fuel injection on a two stroke with premix.

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
I cut my tmap sensor hose as short as possible while being able to fit the hose clamp on there still. Doing this fixed that issue with mine. Shortening it puts the sensor closer to the direct air path so it can read the actaull air temperature not the hose temp.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009

Not normal. Though I haven't used the pro kit early as much.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Read it. Reads like JJ wrote it. My Take. You buy a Silber turbo for the same reason you eat at Mcdonalds..

You've contributed nothing to this post.

I'm trying to help determine if this is an actual bog (meaning the sled dies, or almost dies) or just a hair rich/ "slow" down low on startup (normal) and needing to be cleared out with one blip of the throttle.

Sounds like the former, which is not normal.

For what its worth, I'm actually the guy saying every turbo kit is going to have some level of compromise. My point regarding intake/charge tube design in suggesting Silber's air intake design is what it is for mid/top end power implies that maybe the bottom end isn't as zippy as some of the other stuff out there (its not). Of course we're not using variable intake runners, though that'd be cool! It just goes to show that your intake design is going to impact either your bottom end or top end unless it is of course variable.

I'm not riding my sled at constant RPM of 4K RPM. Silber knows this and tuned everything appropriately. When riding, its smooth, and delivers power in a very manageable way. To reiterate, its not burbling and dying down low. Its very ride-able.

I appreciate being able to run 5psi and it contend with the other guys at 7+psi with similar track speeds on similar clutch setups. (comparing to a BD tuner box kit - axys to axys).

Sorry to do this but here is one quick line (actually my only line) from last weekend showing how a Silber works in varying throttle positions. Not clutched right, I found this to be smooth and easy as hell to manage....Say what you want, ride what you want, but I think everyone who still is in business these days is likely putting out a darn good kit. They all have their pluses and minuses, but for me, Silber is the easiest, most rider friendly kit while still being easy to adjust and putting out a whole bunch of giggle inducing power.

YMMV. (riding gets more interesting at about the 1 minute mark - really didn't know where I was or where I was going the first 50 seconds). Sorry for the rant. Just bothers me you think I'm blinded by Silber only when I'm saying "hey, they are all good, but I chose to run this kit for this reason, you think they suck for some reason - and I whole heartedly objectively quantifiably disagree"

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpowderbuggies%2Fvideos%2F1767418886907943%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Last edited:
J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Yeah we haven't gotten a reset in so long but it's been cold and windy for weeks. Annoying.

Total thread derail but was considering coming up to AK for a different reason (clearly I ski too) - sounds like its not shaping up too well no? Would be in Girdwood then Valdez... And again, sorry for the monetary derail.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I'm sure we will see atleast 1-2 more decent storms roll through. Alaska is usually good for some spring storms. Soon as the OP comes back we can get back to topic haha.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Total thread derail but was considering coming up to AK for a different reason (clearly I ski too) - sounds like its not shaping up too well no? Would be in Girdwood then Valdez... And again, sorry for the monetary derail.

Girdwood is still good, they make snow there. We have a big event coming up there the last weekend of April there but the mountain is closed to sking then.. Also April 7-9 is Spring Carnival there with the Slush Cup.

I will be at Arctic Man April 1-9. If end up coming this way give a brother a shout!

and we're back to the regular programming

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
I am happy with the Silber turbo now that it's clutched right. They make a great kit....no two sleds act the same on boost, i get that. It does act a little loaded or bogs just at start up. Very short, and in 30 secs good to go. Must just be the heat soak on one of the sensors because it's fine when first starting out for the day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Its splitting hairs. It also has to do with intake design that gives Silber more power up top.

Blip the throttle once and its fixed.

Can you please elaborate on what engineering properties of the Silber air intake create a little soggy bottom end but better top end then the rest? And when you say the rest could you please list the sleds you are comparing it to? Have you personally rode each one? What testing did you do to come to this conclusion? Thanks.

Premium Features