• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Reflash $500 Really!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
If they end up being different color injectors?

Just got off the phone with Justin. I am in a similar situation but there are differences. I bought a brand new kit from them last year for my 155.

I am now looking at buying a new 163 for me and taking the turbo off of the 155 and putting it back to stock for me wife.

I called and they said the ecu's will swap and the speedometer will be fine because of the belt drive to belt drive. They did mention that I need to look at the injector color to make sure it is the same otherwise it won't work.

I asked if the colors for the injectors are different what needs to happen? They said that if they are not the ecu needs to be shipped to them to have reflashed. That's not a problem but was told that it was going to be a $250 service charge.

I bought my turbo kit from them and mean while I had my exhaust from their kit fail. The bolts from a style exhaust they dont make anymore that are tack welded in place broke off while I was riding. The bolts backed all the way out of the muffler and the muffler fell out while I was riding. Because of the exhaust leak it melted my pull rope insides and cost me $100 to get a used one off ebay. I missed rides because of down time. When I called them to get my exhaust they felt bad and said they dont have any in stock and would get me one as soon as possible. This was a month ago. They still do not have an exhaust for me and have had to spend $150 at a local machine shop to fix it.

Really like the performance of their kit, that is not the issue. I am disappointed at the availability of their manufactured parts and not telling their buyers that their will be a service fee for every ECU that is being mapped.

Now I directly asked "why" about the service fee. I was told that they have to pay royalties to the person who cracked the ECU. They have to have a S/N and V/N submitted to this person and they pay for every ECU being mapped.

Long story short. I love this kit. It runs great but, If you plan on taking your turbo off and swapping to a new sled like me be prepared for at minimum a $250 service fee.

Just swap the injectors from sled to sled the same time you do the ECU and turbo swap. And avoid the Service Penalty Charge. IMO

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Im sure there are royalties, much like when i tune a gm vehicle with hptuners i have to buy credits for a vehicle. And really arent all companies in the end, out there to make money.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I agree... the company needs to make money.

I feel that the costs should be clear to a buyer of a new kit for the scenario of selling the kit in the future and what they could expect to sell the kit for.... or a used sled with turbo for that matter.

This kind of thread is great, IMO... so that people are aware of the true cost and value of a used system.

I've also posted up a new thread in this section

WHAT IS THE TRUE VALUE:USED TURBO KIT OR COMPLETE TURBO SLED, FOR SELLER AND BUYER??

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432226

Last edited:
R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Compared to who specifically??

This isn't just a reflash back to stock. It's a flash to an aftermarket tune. Compare it to buying a tune for your vehicle not getting it reflashed at the dealer. You are adding an aftermarket part, not a stock one.

Just has speedwerx re flash a cat ecu for a second-hand supercharger kit...100 bucks.
Also were way more help full on the phone than I've had trying to talk to Justin or jim in person at haydays. I was trying to explain some of my runability problems with my pro kit...of course they threw out everything that could be wrong other than the ecu tune. Ended up putting a boondocker box on it.
I'm hearing all good things about mtntks tune for silber pro's.

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
Mtntk charged me $250 but I already have an unlocked Bullydog so they just emailed a file. Then they emailed me all the Bullydog programmer update files at no additional charge.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
To be fair though, if I was quoted 200 originally and you were led to believe that and when it came time to get it done it changed to 500 I'd be just as mad. I always get prices put down in a text, email or PM when I'm doing these kinds of deals so that I know and whoever I'm dealing with knows what's what. See it all the time when people talk on the phone and it's all BS'ed to a deal and then it changes and no one has proof of a previous deal.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
So true, for those of us who spend a lot of time wheeling and dealing, I ALWAYS email, or text to verify everything. The amount of times I have had communication mistakes based on offhand verbal remarks, etc. Not worth it. Get everything you do in writing, otherwise its a word of mouth battle that gets taken to social media and that really doesn't do **** for anyone.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Excellent point....

And it doesn't need to be "put it in writing" kind of challenge.

A simple email with..."Here is how I understand it and what I understand is included... can you confirm?"..... Keeps things smoothed over for the most part.

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
To put this in perspective, I deleted a 2012 paccar powered peterbilt 386 for off road use only of course, and the reflash cost was 4500. It runs like a completely different truck and has ~100 more HP, with better fuel mileage.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
So true, for those of us who spend a lot of time wheeling and dealing, I ALWAYS email, or text to verify everything. The amount of times I have had communication mistakes based on offhand verbal remarks, etc. Not worth it. Get everything you do in writing, otherwise its a word of mouth battle that gets taken to social media and that really doesn't do **** for anyone.

With all due respect Nick really? What happened to being able to TRUST people? I guess I must be lucky because I haven't had the issues you have had.

So if I call you for parts and you quote me a price on the phone, with your statement, I should have to email you or text to verify the price you quoted me for such parts will be the price you bill me?

Honestly, I'm way too busy in my life to do that. I come from the motto, "one call does it all"

Why can't I simply call somebody and trust that the price they quote me is what I will pay?

You have quoted me prices and that's what you billed me. Same with a lot of other's in this industry.

I'm not taking any sides in this case and not placing blame on either party but what happened to the way things were when people could communicate using the English language?

Where's the integrity of two grown men being able to communicate the cost of a service?

Having said all that, I personally would rather see the defending of Justin with the argument that he's providing a very specialized service in this case and must get paid for his R&D. Rather than blame the OP because he didn't get this in writing by text, email, etc.

Sorry Nick, I really hope you don't take offense to my post. I just think your argument and putting all of the blame on the OP for not getting this in writing is a shot at Justin and/or the OP for not having any integrity. Only they know the truth.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
I don't know who said what but I do know that if I say I'm going to build a house for X amount that's what I'm going to do weather I loose my a$$ or lace my pockets I'm a man of my word a hand shake is all that's needed ..... yea I think I'm a dying breed should probably figure out how to Email to verify a quoted price but I'm not going to! ill just stick to a good company with a good rep!!! and yes I think sliber does and am planning on getting their turbo! all I'm saying is a mans word should be worth something and if you don't trust the company/person don't do bizz with them. with that being said my wife does all my on line transactions and yea she gets quotes and verification for all just never hade to use them maybe I just got dumb luck :D

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
This is a he said scenario right now. The price told by Justin to me over the phone has been it since 2013 when I started buying from him.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
I don't know who said what but I do know that if I say I'm going to build a house for X amount that's what I'm going to do weather I loose my a$$ or lace my pockets I'm a man of my word a hand shake is all that's needed ..... yea I think I'm a dying breed should probably figure out how to Email to verify a quoted price but I'm not going to! ill just stick to a good company with a good rep!!! and yes I think sliber does and am planning on getting their turbo! all I'm saying is a mans word should be worth something and if you don't trust the company/person don't do bizz with them. with that being said my wife does all my on line transactions and yea she gets quotes and verification for all just never hade to use them maybe I just got dumb luck :D

With all due respect Nick really? What happened to being able to TRUST people? I guess I must be lucky because I haven't had the issues you have had.

So if I call you for parts and you quote me a price on the phone, with your statement, I should have to email you or text to verify the price you quoted me for such parts will be the price you bill me?

Honestly, I'm way too busy in my life to do that. I come from the motto, "one call does it all"

Why can't I simply call somebody and trust that the price they quote me is what I will pay?

You have quoted me prices and that's what you billed me. Same with a lot of other's in this industry.

I'm not taking any sides in this case and not placing blame on either party but what happened to the way things were when people could communicate using the English language?

Where's the integrity of two grown men being able to communicate the cost of a service?

Having said all that, I personally would rather see the defending of Justin with the argument that he's providing a very specialized service in this case and must get paid for his R&D. Rather than blame the OP because he didn't get this in writing by text, email, etc.

Sorry Nick, I really hope you don't take offense to my post. I just think your argument and putting all of the blame on the OP for not getting this in writing is a shot at Justin and/or the OP for not having any integrity. Only they know the truth.
I don't think Nick meant to take a dig at Justin or the OP. A phone call is all that a lot of things take and yes there are still lots of people in this industry that are men or women of their words and it's not a necessity to backup a conversation with a email or text. For me it's more of a thing when you get people you talk to on the phone and nothing happens for 6 months and now your thinking back wondering how you made a quote like that or why. People in this industry like to talk and BS on the phone about all kinds of things and the original point of your conversation is lost all together. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten hosed by my wife when we talk about when I'm leaving town and then I don't follow it up by writing it on her calendar. Then when push comes to shove I'm not getting any help trying to organize the kids getting taken care of and I don't get to leave easily.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I can't tell you how many times I've gotten hosed by my wife when we talk about when I'm leaving town and then I don't follow it up by writing it on her calendar. Then when push comes to shove I'm not getting any help trying to organize the kids getting taken care of and I don't get to leave easily.

Haha perfect example. We can all relate to that.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
A lot of people should take a couple hours and watch the movie Frozen. :face-icon-small-ton

I am probably the poster child for it Somedays.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
A lot of people should take a couple hours and watch the movie Frozen. :face-icon-small-ton

I am probably the poster child for it Somedays.
Which part? The part where you reveal your secret and race off to the mountains to build a ice castle or the part where you realize the home life went to hell and you gotta ride your reindeer home in a hurry to save it? I wish I could say I haven't seen it but that's a lie and a half. The new one is the movie Trolls...if you haven't already been roped in. Can you tell I have 2 small daughters?

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT

No offense taken, I am speaking more for customers then my side of things as they don't know that product like those they are speaking to and a lot more likely to get confused. I generally do prefer email or some sort of written contact though, or at least verification as there is often a bit of time between quoting and orders. I spend a LOT of time on the phone working with people and generally its all fine but more then a few times I have people who I am very confident are trying to get a deal by saying I thought you quoted 'XXX' price or whatever.

I sell the same stuff all day every, I know retail, dealer costs, material costs etc and am VERY confident in what I quote. That being said when I do make a mistake I generally just honor customers word and bite the bullet.

I am very trusting and try to give the customer the benefit of the doubt. But like I said there are a few bad eggs out there and I very often just get an email and send quotes out that way so there are no mistakes/miscommunication whatever. Best case example is selling something like a billet wheel, they are not cheap and often guys forget when I say they are $100 PER wheel. I know to tell them PER but often gets forgotten between time of quote and ordering.

I think the biggest thing here is the social media world (forums included) people just get upset and go post about something instead of trying to find a solution. First line of defense if you think you have gotten the short end of the stick is pick up the phone and let someone know, very often they will take care of it on the spot. Like you said, integrity! If after a reasonable discussion with the involved parties and someone still feels they have been treated unfairly, sure, vent, whatever. But anymore it seems like its the first thing they do before the companies have a chance to resolve the issue.

Premium Features