• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 turbo Nytro with 2010 skid

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
So it seems like the running boards are causing a ton of drag sidehilling and boondocking ... are the airframes from skin the answer ... are they worth the bucks? Or is this just a downfall of the nytro I have to deal with..

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Yes they are worth every penny my only dislike was the traction screws they send to install I did something a little different for traction
Now I have switched out a few seasons back so they clear snow... but they are worth the money changing to the air not to not hang up? Sorry I just want to make sure it seems like that is one of the reasons it trenches so..

C
Nov 29, 2008
Dump it and get a pro ... thats what I did ....
Fixes for the 08-10 Nytros are too $$$ for what you end up with ... sorry if this pisses some off but when you price boards, front end, steering relocate, etc. it adds up way too quickly.
Loved the motor but the chassis sucked! Cut your losses and upgrade ... if you don't want to go 2S look for a holdover Viper as the handling is apparently markedly better.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I would but everything has been done that is the only thing I have not done;) I have a snowbike for the tight trees so that took my buy a new sled fund;)

mckinney

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Evans, Co
Tunnel

I have an 08, bought Skinz airframe boards and rear bumper for a 10. Plan on moving the rear of the boards up as far as I can and cutting the bottom of the tunnel. Similar to a build I saw SRXrules did. Also might cut the rear attachment to get the outside of the boards to angle up, similar to the new build WyoBoy1000 did with his new Arctic Cat. Will need new rear suspension drop brackets, bought the Skins stuff used for great prices. Will see riding is about over unless we get a dump and I am able to run up for a day. Is there anything I haven't thought about?

mckinney

mckinney

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Evans, Co
Fixing the side to side taper is good but I am planning on lifting the rear of the skins running boards. I like the tube running boards they seem to make the boards stronger as the stockers are bowed down.

mckinney

M
Dec 9, 2012
South Jordan, Utah
Go with the skinz boards they make all the difference. They are narrower and shorter than the stock boards so they don't float. You'll never have to kick snow off of your boards ever again!! Skinz sells special plastic rivit on grippers that are better than the screws they send with them.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Premium Features