• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1994 Indy 440

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
A buddy's son has one of these and has tinkered with it a bunch over the past 2 years. He started by finding a used xtra10 suspension and track, both front and rear, out of like a 1997 or 98 XC and put them in. We didn't think the front would work, but it did. Maybe the sled completely different.

He also put Polaris plastic skis on it. And he modified the steering column so he could put a riser on it and put a taller seat on it. He found all that stuff on ebay and local classifieds, only cost him $400 or so I think and he had a blast doing the work.

sled_guy

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I've got a '93 440 SKS that I will be doing something similar on. It has the factory suspension with a 1.5" 133" track, plastic skis and a 2" riser block. Even with the riser the bars are still lower than the '94 Indy Lite that the kids will be moving off of. I'm hoping to get a newer seat and get it mated up and redo the handle bars with something taller and a better master cylinder so it will have a park brake.

I'd be curious to know more about the XC suspension mod though.

Premium Features