• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

track thoughts

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
So i know most on here who can afford boosted sleds also can afford camo extremes... well I can't so here is my situation.

I have a 162 maverick off an older apex, so its the original maverick with the softer compound, needless to say it SUCKS, its way to soft and is loosing lugs way fast under boost now, at least 1/3 of them are damaged and a lot of that 1/3 are ripped off all the way at the base. they just break way to easily on icy trail even. I also have to get a good head of steam going or it just spins really fast. SO i wes given an attack 20 for free and am going to be swapping that on it, and yes, i have seem them run, and ridden sleds with them, and when straightened work quite well in HC mode.

question is the A20 is only clipped every other, will this be an issue with 10-12# of boost? Also, thinking the 15 wide might help with laying sled over/carving/sidehilling... any thoughts on that? I know its a doo, but affects should be similar to a yami.

mckinney

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Evans, Co
I was in the same situation, have a 153 Nytro didn't care much for the maverick. Sold it and got the attack 20 in HC only rose it once had back surgery Xmas eve but liked it better so far. I think it is really similiar to the powerclaw that everybody likes. I am not much of a hill climber just love the powder. The guy I sold my maverick to said his location he couldn't get the attack 20 off soon enough. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

mckinney

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Evans, Co
The clips are every other but alternate sides so the drivers will be driving off a clip all the time. I would be more concerned about the drivers not sure what your build up has but the stock Yamaha drivers suck. Sorry for 2 posts layin around and couldn't modify first post with my phone.

McKinney

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
thanks for the input, I have either wahl or avid drivers, so there much better, they were on my sled when i got it.. and the maverick is so soft it seems to be stretching a LOT! i have the thing almost all the way out on my adjusters... and i can still ratchet every now and then....

R

Rx1ton

Jan 2, 2008
Columbia Falls MT.
I have the challenger extreme clipped every other, with Avid drivers. I bought the sled wit a couple of seasons on it allready and it dosen't seem to show any wear on the unclipped ones. The a20 would be better than the mav in my opinion, and it was free might as well try it.

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
You will be fine clipped every other at those boost levels. Just watch the clips every 100 or so miles. I have ended up with a bunch of tracks clipped every other and have run them at high boost without issues with and without drivers. I know it is not optimal and there is risk but I have no had any issues

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I have the challenger extreme clipped every other, with Avid drivers. I bought the sled wit a couple of seasons on it allready and it dosen't seem to show any wear on the unclipped ones. The a20 would be better than the mav in my opinion, and it was free might as well try it.
yeah, i was up running over sapplings in the canyon and the first gen mavericks are WAY to soft to be doing that, missing way to many paddles, and the A20 in hillclimb means buisness!!

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
Yea, run the A20 in HC and it will strighten itself out in a few boosted rides. No need to spend the time straitening it with heat. You may want to consider an anti-stab kit as the windows on the A20 are huge. Dont read too much into the reports of poor downhill breaking of the A20 in hc position. They really arent all that bad at all. People just made a big deal about that so they had an excuse to tell their wives when they bought the camo extreme.;)

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
i have ridden an A20 in HC in may, there not bad, im used to spinning around!

My drivers and rail tips are really close, i run my track super tight and have my limiter straps sucked most of the way in, so I dont think stab should be an issue, and my windows are open and im running extro's.

And dont worry, I wasnt gonna wast time with heat, how fast the boost has layed over my old track, im sure the A20 will straighten right up!!!

Premium Features