• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help!!!

J
Oct 23, 2008
I guess I didn't put much info in my first post so maby this will help with getting any info. I'm running an 08 apex with the 310 kit on it. The sled has 1300 total k on it. Turbo since new so far this year I have been out 3 times and have burnt up 2 flex tubes and had my primary blow into 10 pieces so it is geting very frusterating. If any one has any info at all on any aftermarket flex tubes that hold up better or any info as to why 2 have gone in a matter of 170 k please let me know. It is my first sled and I really don't know anything about them. Thanks for the help

Z
Oct 8, 2003
Utah
Sounds like you are running to lean for those flex tubes to break in that short of time. If your to lean you get high egt's and that tends to deform/crack/or break stock exhaust parts. Do you have a wideband? As for the primary blowing up, that isn't very common just so you know.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
guess on the clutch is some sort of alignment issue? who knows...

As to the flex tubes, can you tell us where and what is happening to them? Are they getting holes in them? all same spots? or just complete melt down? why are you using flex tubes? can you get a muffler shop to make steel ones?

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
mcx makes heavy duty flex tubes Thats where I would start.

J
Oct 23, 2008
Flex tubes

As far as being to lean, the dealership has it once again and they are workng on trying to figure out why it us burning them up so fast. They also tell me that they are the only tubes that are made and that there isn't a better set that can be purchased. And yes it has been breaking in the same spot each time. Cracking the sane weld on each one. And as far as the clutch goes. They determined it was one of the mcx weights cracked and blew apart.

Premium Features