• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

build with a propane turbo!( got a few questions!

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Hey guys!!

Planning a BIG build for September 10/2010!:D:D
its going to be a 2005-06 summit rev bulk head with a 174" Diamond-S tunnel,174"x16"x3" track, 08 nytro motor,simmons gen 2 skis, etc! Still looking up stuff like seat, hood and all the panels, chain case, jack shaft and drive shaft,clutches, gears and chain etc!( so if a few of you dont mind, give me a few ideas on those parts);)
Still waiting for Ekholm to get back to me! ( i wanted to use a 174" ekholm skid)

OK now on to the propane turbo thing!:confused:
iv got a guy at simmons sending me some info tonight so iam waiting on that!
But if you guys could tell me a little bit about them THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!:)

Thanks!
Oh and dont be jerks! OK? Dad said if he likes the build enough he'll give me 50% of the CASH to built it!!!:D:D ( MY DAD IS AWESOME):D

Last edited:
J
Nov 27, 2007
propane

I dont have one but would like one, the propane kits make great power, you can run tons of boost on cheap fuel. just tell val what you are wanting to run for boost and take his advise. He knows what he is doing. julio

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
this one has a apex propane turbo with ski doo plastics!
n775112172_1603944_8329148.jpg

Last edited:
S

SPOOLED

Dec 4, 2007
northern bc
sounds like a great project but its not going to be cheap and it will not be light and will not make 350hp. it will have good power, it will be cheap to run but it wont last if you turn up the boost. use an apex chain case with reverse with apex shafts and clutch.

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Simmons has a dealer in BC, pm BCboost on here. Brett is a very smart guy, he is the cdn dealer. Think your going to be sol on ekholm skid, but could go with another one that is made in MN, its looks pretty much the same, forgot the name, but will look.

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
You dont have to go to Utah, BCBoost is there installer in BC, out of Kelowna BC. Larry likely wont be making skids anytime soon, aka ekholm. So if you want a skid(rear suspensions) that looks like that, look to EZ ride. See they won lost of hill climb events if that means much.

Dec 1, 2007
livingston MT
I see your 15. sounds like a crazy project! props bro. you'll love boost! im 16 and once my apex turbo gets in (hopefully tomorrow) i can say i dont own a vehicle thats not boosted. my sled. my dirtbike and my truck. have fun with it and good luck!

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I think if it were me, and I was taking the time to do it, I would prolly try to get an Apex motor stuffed in there if possible.

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
I think if it were me, and I was taking the time to do it, I would prolly try to get an Apex motor stuffed in there if possible.

the reason i wanted to go with the Nytro was because of the weight!!( iam not trying to make i light weightier here guys)
And since i wanted to put a turbo on it anyway a needed to have as much room under the hood as possible :)

i know a few guys who have put turboed VS-vector motors in summit chassis's! (Theres one on BOOST 4!) keeps right up with all the T-APEXs!

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
ok so Diamond-s said i should consider just going with a nytro bulk head! So like buy a whole nytro sled and just use the the front end of it!!

So just so i get every angle covered, what would the front part of a 08 nytro cost me!!
like a running sled with out tunnel, seat, fuel tank, skid, track a-arms, skies!~!

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
ok so heres option two!!
Buy the front end of a 08 nytro
then i buy a EZ ryde skid, 174" track, propane turbo, CR 174 Tunnel, timber sled front end! ETC!;)

Who likes that idea more??????

F
Sep 22, 2009
ok so heres option two!!
Buy the front end of a 08 nytro
then i buy a EZ ryde skid, 174" track, propane turbo, CR 174 Tunnel, timber sled front end! ETC!;)

Who likes that idea more??????

That's what I'd do. The skidoo bulk head would be to weak for the big 4 stroke IMO. I would also think about a different turbo kit. The propane burners are extremely bulky because of the tanks. Now if they would build you a single 8" tank and sink it down in the tunnel as far as possible, then it would be one hell of a kit.

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
That's what I'd do. The skidoo bulk head would be to weak for the big 4 stroke IMO. I would also think about a different turbo kit. The propane burners are extremely bulky because of the tanks. Now if they would build you a single 8" tank and sink it down in the tunnel as far as possible, then it would be one hell of a kit.

Ya!! OK! i think ill go with the nytro!!
Iam going with propane! But thats a good idea on the tank!!;)

Premium Features