• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

couple questions on 95 and 96 xcr and a supersport

G

Gibsons

Nov 26, 2007
saskatoon
looking at a couple sleds. 95 xcr 600 and a 96 supersport, which i think has a 440 0r 488 in it. anyways just wondering if their is anything to worry about them. are they reliable or am i going to be repairing them constantly. thanks for any imput.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
Sleds

The Super Sport should be pretty bullet proof. The 95 XCR should have the clutch cover bushing replaced yearly as well as any other worn parts in the clutch. A sloppy clutch can take the crank out on those sleds. The monoblock 600 motor will self destruct if you run it between 8800 and 8900 RPM for long periods of time. Stock pipe doesn't run that high so if you have a stock pipe then no worries. If you have tripple pipes on it, make sure you keep them spinning above those RPMs. Most are designed to run at 9200.

G

Gibsons

Nov 26, 2007
saskatoon
9200 rpm. wow. i would never have guessed that high. one of them is piped and clutch. for some reason i think it's the supersport, which i don't understand why they'd do that particular machine. anyways i'm going tonight to look at them, thanks for your help.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
Pipes

If they are SLPs on the tripple, instructions say 89-9100. If that Super Sport is piped, I would be a little surprised, not many pipes made for a fan cooled motor. Aaen made some I think.

G

Gibsons

Nov 26, 2007
saskatoon
the supersport is the one that's piped and clutched. nice looking sled. single pipe. should that be a concern? i here so many horror stories about piping.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Nothing to woory about with aftermarket single pipes. They generally are even more forgiving than stock, yet far out perform a stock pipe. Twins and tripples are a different story. Nothing wrong with them, just takes more attention to jetting and clutching adjustments. That is not the case with the singles tho. We had an xcr with tripples and it ran great and had zero issues with it. Just had to jet accordiing to temp and elevation once I got it dialed in and the clutching down. I ran mine @9300-94 it lasted for thousands of miles.

Premium Features