• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear sagging, 700 rmk

B
Dec 11, 2009
I pulled the sleds out of the trailer today and my 2006 700 RMK 151 is sagging in the rear. I lifted the back up by hand to the limiter strap and when I let go it slowly settles down to almost flat in 20 or 30 seconds. I'm 195 pounds and afraid that I will bottom out, so what do I need to fix it ?
Sled has 1500 miles on it, and all the shocks are stock.

Thanks BOWKILL

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
I pulled the sleds out of the trailer today and my 2006 700 RMK 151 is sagging in the rear. I lifted the back up by hand to the limiter strap and when I let go it slowly settles down to almost flat in 20 or 30 seconds. I'm 195 pounds and afraid that I will bottom out, so what do I need to fix it ?
Sled has 1500 miles on it, and all the shocks are stock.

Thanks BOWKILL

sounds like you need some new torsion springs. First check and see what your stock springs are set at. There is a small adjustable piece on the rear end of the torsion springs.

springadjustor.jpg

If they are already maxed it is time for new springs. Here is some good reading on it.

"Big Boy" Torsion Springs on IQ: Inputs??

I just put some new Torsion springs on my 08-D7. It fixed the problem right up. I used the . 375 wieght spring. I think this might be a just a bit firmer than the stock spring.
Also, I have noticed that some people on here on putting even stiffer springs on thier sleds. The are in the .425 range.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
.405's are the next up from the .375's. I have both, prefer the .405's when carrying extra fuel on those long days.

Premium Features