• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Assault not using oil

H
Nov 17, 2008
Adams, ND
I took my sled out for the first time after getting the y10 update done. put around 15 miles on and the oil level hasent changed. is there anything i can check my self without taking it to the dealer? i guese this is why they allways run premix in the first tank of gas after a top end rebuild.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I took my sled out for the first time after getting the y10 update done. put around 15 miles on and the oil level hasent changed. is there anything i can check my self without taking it to the dealer? i guese this is why they allways run premix in the first tank of gas after a top end rebuild.

If it was just a top end, it has nothing to do with the oiling system. You can pull the airbox and check out the oil lines for bubbles and the cables, but it will probably need to go back pronto.

L
Sep 28, 2009
Pull the air box and throttle bodys off and crack the 10mm air bleed screw on the oil pump enough until oil runs continously from the bolt then tighten which will narrow it down from the bottle to the pump. If not it could be inside the bottle or the filter plugged up. If you do get oil then you can pull the pto side oil line off the case and start the motor after the throttle bodies are on and you should see a trickly of oil running out the pulled line.

H
Nov 17, 2008
Adams, ND
i guese i was worried about nothing. when i filled oil the ski's were on dollies so the front was slightely elevated allowing me to fill it fuller than usual. the first time i checked it at about ten miles while sitting level it appeared to not have changed. i just parked it in the garage and now it is apparrent that the level has dropped some.
thanks for the responses. happy riding guys.

Premium Features