• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

build with a propane turbo!( got a few questions!

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
Actually filling up with propane is super easy, hook up the line from the storage tank, then go get dressed, 5 mins later its done, no spills. Alot easier than waiting in line at the pumps or messing with mixing race fuel. Just my two cents.

What do you have for a storage tank? How big? how do you haul it?

Ive seen brad story's its a bit bulky than what most people need though!!!!:D

And you still have to get the storage tank filled somewhere/somehow, so you end up having to transfer twice, If you are filling up at a service station of some sort then you have to go in, get an employee, wait for them to fill up the tank and so on.

I just swipe my card at the pump, fill up and go!!!:D

This could go on forever!!! LMAO!

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
dude! My dads pick-up is running on propane!! ;)( or should i say our old truck!!) buying a new lifted dodge mega cab!!:D:D

you wont change my mind on the turbo!
Oh and iam also going to go with a 174" Timbersled skid!!

J

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Just buy randys propane nytro and be done with it, its sick!!

To pricey and plus that is not what i want to do!! Building it is the fun part of sledding!!( its not what you can buy, its what you can build!)

I dont want to be riding a 40k sled for my first 4 stroke turbo!:eek:

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
Sounds like a great build!!! That thing will be fun!!!! Personally i would go with the new impulse pump gas at 17lbs.!!!!!!! But that is just me. You will have alot of fun on this thing!!!!

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
If you planning on running BIG boost I would reconsider the Timbersled skid. It is not the best skid for keeping the front end down climbing. From what I have read on here I would be looking into a CR Racing M10.

M
Feb 8, 2008
I am the guy that did the propane rev with an rx-1 in it from Ratsled.com if you have any questions you can pm me and i'd be more than happy to help you.

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
I am the guy that did the propane rev with an rx-1 in it from Ratsled.com if you have any questions you can pm me and i'd be more than happy to help you.

Cool man!!

OK iam heading fot Fort St Jonh tomorrow morning so ill drop you a PM when iam up there or after Christmas!!

:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
CR's m10 is about the only thing thats going to hold the front end down with lots of boost. Dont think CR makes drivers, pretty sure they come from Avid out of MT.

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
ok now!
If i changed my mind on the propane part of it, what is the best bang for the buck??
What would the best turbo kit be with the highest horse power on pump gas but still be able to pump it up to 300 HP if i had to??
Apex or Nytro??

Thx

Justin:beer;:beer;

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
ok now!
If i changed my mind on the propane part of it, what is the best bang for the buck??
What would the best turbo kit be with the highest horse power on pump gas but still be able to pump it up to 300 HP if i had to??
Apex or Nytro??

Thx

Justin:beer;:beer;

Its been said many times in this thread, go with the impulse turbo and run pump fuel at 17 and be happy. You will be very close to 300hp on pump and if you think you will need more run race and turn it up a few lbs. TRUST me, you wont be dissapointed and there will be no tunning, just turn the key and ride it!!!

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
I agree, no propane now, go with impulse kit. There in Utah, also have dealers in Western Canada, so your covered.

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
OK guys! Dad told me if i dont build one fro 20 grand+ he would buy one two!! So this June-july we're going to but 2 08-09 nytros 174'' turboed sleds!!

Thanks for the info!!

Justin

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
lol wow you change your mind more than my wife. My opinion would be the 270 hp pump gas from mcxpress. I know they are reliable, been around for a long time, MANY dealers in canada. (Prince George probably the biggest dealer). You can run half race fuel and get wayyy more boost. Really nice systems. Just my opinion guys, havent been around the others brands much.

Premium Features