• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

stage 1 s/c

F
Nov 23, 2008
I have a stage 1 sc on a phazer. Having troubles having to keep adjusting the altitude box. Climbing the same hill. I got no response on my first thread. Anyhow took it to my mechanic and he took it out flat landing. Said the exhaust was glowing red when he would have to adjust the box. He thinks that there is too much restriction and the heat is creating the trouble. Con anyone tell me if this could be? Thanks

S

sibola

Sep 16, 2009
B.C. Canada
Very well could be S/C like the least amount of restriction possible. Still have stock exhaust, call mpi or better yet call Dave at Hurricane. But I think if you open up the exhaust things would work better. Did it to my Apex stage 2 S/c works great now.

H

Heath@MPI

Dec 8, 2008
Stock exhaust will work just fine Granted there is a little horsepower to be had with aftermarket.

If your exhaust is glowing red there is deffinetly a problem. Do you have a wideband on the sled?

please call us monday.

Thanks

Heath

F
Nov 23, 2008
Yep have the wide band. Last year I would climb a hill and when I would get to the bottom I would have to adjust it more toward sea level to keep the guage iin the range it needs. This was riding snowy range.

F
Nov 23, 2008
Ok! sleds running 12.6-13 crusing. Was running 11.6- 13 WFO. Took it all the way down to the 9's exhaust still cherry red. The exhaust is getting modded!

Premium Features