• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

nytro vanamberg suspension location

Liv4snow

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Paterson Wa
i have a nytro with a timbersled rear and a vanamburg tunnel.
I have way to much ski pressure. limiter strap is most of the way out and quarter inch shim in the rear. what measurement are most of you running from the ground to the center of the rear bracket.

W
Mar 25, 2009
The front arm on your skid needs to be no more than 12.25 inches from the floor to center of bolt with the skid out of the sled. On stock tunnel I moved rear hole up 1.375 inches up in tunnel, keep in mind you need to maintain front and rear hole centers when you do that. Sled is almost like riding a stocker, still a little heavy in the front. It's my understanding that all aftermarket suspensions are set up for climbing and not so much for boondocking hince the heavy front end. Hope this helps.

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
I played lots with this. get angle finder and set the tunnel height with it. Take degrees on the tunnel where seat attaches not the tip-up section. set the tunnel between 3-3.5 degrees with no shims on top. adding shims to the top to reduce ride height just loses travel. front holes are stock rear holes will go up 1 inch or so. set rest of suspension from here. hope this helps

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
How much air pressure are you running in the front shock? More air pressure in the front shock will reduce ski pressure.

Wyowelder's re-mount will also reduce ski pressure, but will also reduce tunnel clearance.

Have you tried calling Allen or Budd at TS? That would be where I would start.

Premium Features