• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for some advice....

P

powpounder

Feb 19, 2008
Alberta
So I'm really wanting to jump from a rev to a turbo nytro. The sled that I'm looking at maybe buying is a 2009 with a MC express kit running 240hp. The two things that are concerning me are that it has the factory fuel tank and the factory rear skid. The track is a 2.5" x 162. What type of fuel range does a person get? Is it gonna be a problem? With the rear skid.... I'm not going looking to climb the biggest chutes but I do like to climb... Is the skid good enough? All my buddies ride two strokes, can't look for answers from them. Any input would be great....would like to buy it this week and head for Revy!!

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Pack some fuel like you did with your rev and you will be fine with fuel. Suck up the limmiter strap and adjust the transfer and that skid will work pritty good, good enough for your buddies to not touch your mark on the hill all day.lol Down the road look into a skid and the fuel map upgrade so you can run some more boost.

S
Dec 6, 2009
I had a rev before and it burnt belts, plugs, oil and pistons, my supercharged nytro only burns fuel... it uses more fuel when you are on the throttle, but if you can control the throttle you should be alright. If you want to have fun take a small gas can. The nytro is heavier than the rev but is similar to ride, and then add a turbo, you will be very happy!!! I am a big guy and have jumped mine and never had any trouble with the skid. The maverick track is poor, get a Camo Extreme2.5" I am very happy with my nytro and I know your buddies will be dying to take it for a ride!!

graham_r

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
British Columbia
I have had two Revs and at the end of last year I bought a Nytro I really enjoyed it. found it under powered. This year i put a turbo on it and it is the best sled I have ever ridden. I pack n extra 10 litres of fuel and no fuel issues. the rear tunnel i would like to change But i can not justify spending the money.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
So I'm really wanting to jump from a rev to a turbo nytro. The sled that I'm looking at maybe buying is a 2009 with a MC express kit running 240hp. The two things that are concerning me are that it has the factory fuel tank and the factory rear skid. The track is a 2.5" x 162. What type of fuel range does a person get? Is it gonna be a problem? With the rear skid.... I'm not going looking to climb the biggest chutes but I do like to climb... Is the skid good enough? All my buddies ride two strokes, can't look for answers from them. Any input would be great....would like to buy it this week and head for Revy!!

that is the right track, and the gas tank issue can be solved easily with jerry can or buy a trail tank...

the skid issue...how big of a guy are you? It will work, but it will bottom out...chances are, you will be turning enough track speed to not have it kill you...skid upgrade will give you WAY better performance...

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
I rode a stock mcx nytro with a ce 162 all last winter. It does just fine and will kill any 2 smoker.

After saying that first thing I did was pull the sway bar and put in some better shocks (I put in floats). Those front shocks are complete garbage and dangerous if you ask me. Get the handle bars set up how you like. Then when you can afford put in a better skid.

The stock skid sucks on the trail so just drive slow, on the hill it typically transfers (compresses) pretty quickly so you dont have great snow clearence but once its compressed it is predictable and how it handles. An aftermarket skid not only reduces transfer but keeps the track pushed down so you actually have some travel while climbing and does a way better job at keeping the nose down.

Fuel........if the snow is neck deep you will burn alot of fuel. If it is semi set up to firm you will have lots of fuel because you wont be running around at fuel throttle unless you have a death wish. I always pack 2.5 gallons but have never run out. Had a couple deep days and fuel was very low but made it back. I dont like the big fuel tanks, the way the look and I dont want extra weight so I pack some fuel and carry a small siphon hose. Someone will always have a bit left over to get you home.

Later

C
Nov 29, 2007
Guys all the feedback is good , but your missing the point... Buddy who started this thread kicked tires for 2 weeks before he figured out that he cant get the cash to buy a turbo sled...

:D:beer;

Premium Features