• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Velocity Shocks, who's rode them? Compare to Raptors?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
My guess would be that the velocity shocks Curtis runs are nowhere the shocks we will get on the Khaos. They may look the same on the outside.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
You guys are funny. Who cares? This is a conversation that should be on SLEDDERZ facebook page or something even less intelligent.

Question, do you think it was the shoes that made Michael Jordan win NBA championships?

Back to the original question, I have no experience with Velocity shocks and only a quick bumpy trail ride on Kinetics. They are doing the same thing. It's going to come down to the valve package and which ones last longer between service intervals. Nobody can answer either of those questions with certainty, so pick your poison.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
After a season on the Kinetics I can say they are the best shock I have ever ridden. I my basic Raptors were much better than the OE WE Piggybacks and better than some other brands I had ran but lacked a little vs a good air shock on certain situations.. The Kinetics fixed that gap and IMO raised the bar.

I have not rode a sled with Velocity shocks yet but have been around them on the UTV racing side. They are phenomenal shocks and lot of internal adjustability. My worry is they will be great for hucking and slamming down the trail but will still be designed/valved to stiff for the trees riding. I have not taken one apart so could be completely wrong but the internal bypass design of the Raptor Kinetic gives you bottom out control for the trails but a very plush side to side dangle control.

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
After a season on the Kinetics I can say they are the best shock I have ever ridden. I my basic Raptors were much better than the OE WE Piggybacks and better than some other brands I had ran but lacked a little vs a good air shock on certain situations.. The Kinetics fixed that gap and IMO raised the bar.

I have not rode a sled with Velocity shocks yet but have been around them on the UTV racing side. They are phenomenal shocks and lot of internal adjustability. My worry is they will be great for hucking and slamming down the trail but will still be designed/valved to stiff for the trees riding. I have not taken one apart so could be completely wrong but the internal bypass design of the Raptor Kinetic gives you bottom out control for the trails but a very plush side to side dangle control.

I'm just your average Joe rider. Who thinks he rides aggressive. ha, but seriously I second this. The Raptor Kinetics are the best snowmobile shock I've rode. Now I am comparing them to the following:
Walker Evans Needle series on my 15SBA
Walker Evans Clickers 1/2" shaft on my 163 pro
Fox QS3s on my buddys DOO. These were really good too.

Walker Evans is a HUGE name in Baja Desert racing and have been for years. So I can't believe their top of the line shock would be junk.

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
I do think the walker velocity shocks are going to be a huge improvement from what polaris has offered in the past. From what I understand they are more for jumping and pounding trails on the way out. I am sure they can be recalled etc for everyday use. I run the Raptor Kinetic shocks on my sled and they are by far the best I have ridden. They work in every condition you throw at them...period. I

www.cvcustoms.com
Home of the 850 PIDD Power Up Cable

Last edited:

cdebodt44

Lifetime Membership
Apr 3, 2016
Anyone know if Raptor is going to offer a longer centre shock to accommodate the Khaos skid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features