• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Belt Life

H
Apr 9, 2019
Hi folks,

I wanted to get some opinions on belt life on the 850 Assaults. I know there is no "normal"expected life of a belt because of rider operation, but I wanted to see what riders are getting out of them?

I have a customer that got 2500 kilometers on his first belt on apparent normal trail riding, and he wasnt too happy about it. To me, that seems to be a fairly good life for a belt and Polaris thinks the same (if riding under normal conditions with occasional fun:face-icon-small-hap)

Thanks in advance,

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Hi folks,

I wanted to get some opinions on belt life on the 850 Assaults. I know there is no "normal"expected life of a belt because of rider operation, but I wanted to see what riders are getting out of them?

I have a customer that got 2500 kilometers on his first belt on apparent normal trail riding, and he wasnt too happy about it. To me, that seems to be a fairly good life for a belt and Polaris thinks the same (if riding under normal conditions with occasional fun:face-icon-small-hap)

Thanks in advance,

You get twice the life on them if they are geared down 20%. The Quickdrive v.s Chain drive or aftermarket belt drive.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
750 miles on original belt. Adjusted deflection 3 times. Mostly mountain riding in Colorado.

Premium Features