• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 limited 162" skid setup

M
Feb 11, 2019
B.C. Canada
I find there is too many opinions out there and I'm looking to get my skid setup little better from those who have the same sled and are similar weight. sled is pretty much stock, 3" power claw, evil 3s all around, just trying to get it to climb a little better, I've played around a ton with the shock pressures, rebound etc. Havent touched the limiter strap(it was set all the way out from dealer) running the middle hole at the back of the skid, was planning on swapping to 8t drivers too before the season is over. I'm about 230-240lbs with gear. Any input appreciated.

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
get the 8t in first it affects the whole set up. this will keep it from trenching to china and in turn will change all your shock settings.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Setup

The TKI mountain cat drop and roll helps this sled a lot also.
It's a lot of work but if you have the ability it'll work even better with the 8 tooth drivers. Makes it the same as a 2017 Mountain Cat.
I did both of these mods to my 2016 LTD and it made the sled way easier to ride.

M
Feb 11, 2019
B.C. Canada
The TKI mountain cat drop and roll helps this sled a lot also.
It's a lot of work but if you have the ability it'll work even better with the 8 tooth drivers. Makes it the same as a 2017 Mountain Cat.
I did both of these mods to my 2016 LTD and it made the sled way easier to ride.

I'll for sure be doing the 8t swap, if i had access to someone's old case I'd consider the dropped case, but I also just had the chain and tensioner replaced under warranty, and I paid extra to revert to the steel lower sprocket vs the stock aluminum one, I found my oil just getting destroyed way too much, and the gear had a fair amount of wear. Hardly noticed a difference going from alum to steel, if any at all

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
what elevation?
the 8s should def. help.
you might try the bottom hole for rear skid mounts. its popular for 153s, helps them climb. might push a bit when flat on a 162 but you like climbing...

Mar 7, 2017
West Bend, WI
Not to derail the topic but are the shocks the same length on the 153 vs the 162? I have a 153 2.6 Sno Pro with the 8 tooth drivers, was considering going to a 162 power claw 3” but was curious what all has to be changed? I’m still learning and was curious if the longer track would help me at all...

M
Feb 11, 2019
B.C. Canada
what elevation?
the 8s should def. help.
you might try the bottom hole for rear skid mounts. its popular for 153s, helps them climb. might push a bit when flat on a 162 but you like climbing...

I got the driver swap done, man was it a pain to put the skid back in.. I ended up going to the bottom hole on the rear skid just for clearance reasons, on the middle hole there seemed to be enough deflection in the track to hit the cooler, even tightened right up.. dropped to bottom hole and no issue. I took it out Sunday but didnt notice much difference because the snow was ****.. but I ended up tearing my ACL somehow.. so in done for the season now.. I'll have to wait until next season to try it out in pow

Premium Features