• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

egts a/f what do you guys run

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
building a turbo d7 this year what do you guys prefer to run

a/f guage "wideband"
egt probes
just check wash and plugs "i have a snapon camera with light perfect for this"

also never ran a boosted 2stroke lil more prone to melting down compared to a 4stroke.

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
I run both as well. I run straight 110 Sunoco and Amsoil. I have the Snap-On bore scope as well and I get some pretty funky wash marks on mine. I don't quite have the experience or the eye to really get a good feeling on the piston wash with what I run.

I have no problem keeping in a good running range with both gauges and seat of the pants with the BD box. Pretty much set it and forget it accept the notorious Polaris lean spot in the mid range. Koso has a combo that reads both that I have heard good things about. Good luck. EW

PGTDragon

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2009
Lakewood Co.
EGT's for me, I run my sled a couple of points richer across the board and have had no issues, wash looks good (at least as far as I can tell) so i just want to know how hot I am getting and a general idea of heat/boost creep on long pulls. The new BD electronic boost control will fix that so mostly I will just want to know if I am running too hot.

Premium Features