• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BIG BOOST TURBO kit for 800 Polaris Dragon

PMSPOLARIS

Premium Sponsor
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Ashton Idaho
www.pmspolaris.com
I have heard some talk about a new kit called the BIG BOOST TURBO, It is a bolt on kit you dont have to cut your pipe and reweld or cut into your tunnel of your sledd or change your exaust hole. It was said to have a cold air intake to pull air directly from the outside the hood. Let me know if anyone hears anything.

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
Sounds like an aerocharger set-up.
The stock fuel pump from what I hear, keeps the hp below 240 with any kit.

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
Friend's cousin's nephew who talked to a guy that knew a guy.:eek:
Kinda close^^^ but second hand info none the less. Was discussed
that the injectors could handle 300hp but the pump can't keep up.
Not much, but all I got.:D

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
i've ran boost levels that should have been well over 240 hp and the fuel pump did just fine

Yeah... we ran a test on mine, I dont remember what it ended up being, but it was more than adequate... better be I am going to push mine WAY past the 250 mark.

R
Mar 21, 2008
Why?

IMO, why is anyone so concerned with the numbers (HP). Set your sled up to run safely and reliably. Most guys ride over there heads anyway. That is was keeps dealers in business. Set your boost at 10lbs and learn to ride it there.

I agree with Kinzer, I can out climb a lot of guys with bigger sleds just because of where I put the sled on the mountain to get optimal traction. Don't worry about the HP, worry about how smooth you ride and decisions you make that don't cost you more money. IMO..

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
IMO, why is anyone so concerned with the numbers (HP). Set your sled up to run safely and reliably. Most guys ride over there heads anyway. That is was keeps dealers in business. Set your boost at 10lbs and learn to ride it there.

I agree with Kinzer, I can out climb a lot of guys with bigger sleds just because of where I put the sled on the mountain to get optimal traction. Don't worry about the HP, worry about how smooth you ride and decisions you make that don't cost you more money. IMO..

I was curios as to what people thought that there sleds were getting for horsepower as I was told that the fuel system couldn't support much past 250hp for very long(run out of gas). Plus I always like to hear from the ones with the actual knowledge of what the motors are actually capable of producing in real world conditions. Now riding abilities are a whole different discussion. Go to a place like Cooke City and see a lot of the $30k sleds being rode by less than highly skilled riders.;)

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
I was curios as to what people thought that there sleds were getting for horsepower as I was told that the fuel system couldn't support much past 250hp for very long(run out of gas). Plus I always like to hear from the ones with the actual knowledge of what the motors are actually capable of producing in real world conditions. Now riding abilities are a whole different discussion. Go to a place like Cooke City and see a lot of the $30k sleds being rode by less than highly skilled riders.;)

What is the best time to go to cooke city to see those guys, because that is usally some great entertainment. Ive been wanting to make a trip there any way.

Premium Features