• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo 800 actual hp #'s

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
The other thread was beginning to become hijacked so I started this one.
Was discussed a little that the fuel pump was only good to @240hp but the injectors were good to @300. As stated, this was second hand info coming directly from a reputable turbo place. But I was wondering what people think
the hp output would be with the 800 motor with lets say 18# of boost at @6000ft? I myself have no clue, but I don't believe that it will be anywhere close to the 10hp per # of boost deal. So my guess would be 110hp plus 140hp from the boost netting @250hp? How long will the 800 live with 18psi?
I will be boosted in a couple of weeks(right SnowJW:D) and would like to here what I will be able to produce in hp up to @14# of boost. I don't think it will be 250+ hp. Otherwise I would think that I could run with the Yamaha's running 12#. Didn't plan on that but would be pretty cool. Educate me please.:eek:

S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
i always found talk cheap

*dyno report torque hp

*video

* your going to invest 20 to $25,000 into a two stroke turbo that might see
3000 miles if your lucky

or a four stroke that could put on 10000+;)

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Please do NOT turn this into a 2 vs 4 stroke thread....seen it MANY times before.

2 stroke...Polaris....

18 psi.... IMO... you are talking a big turbo, large intake tract, intercooled, straight 116 octane, and lots of other mods big cut to the compression as well... this would be a boondocking turd IMO.

14 lbs boost, Intercooled, race gas setup with a cut head.... 112 straight race gas.

mod03rmk800 You must be running a race gas only setup in your sled if you are even thinking of this kind of boost??

Have you priced 112 lately?

14 lbs boost in the 800CFi will be more sled than most can handle... At that kind of hp, you better invest in a much better suspension than stock... All the HP in the world wont do you a bit of good if you cant keep it under control.

Are your abilites up to the sleds capabilites??

Will you keep up on the 1 minute chute pulls with the big Yamahas... Not IMO.

Will you smoke them in the tight stuff.... definately... if you are equally matched in abilities.

Good luck, Justin will get you set up well.

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
The four strokers for sure are big power producers. But the way and areas I ride I want nothing to do with the weight. I tend to go places that are in many peoples opinion stupid.:rolleyes: Then I am on my own a lot to get it out of the situation I put it in.:(
Just really trying to see what the people that ride or been around the 800 polaris turbo that have also been around other big hp sleds think there sled actually is producing. I agree that a dyno sheet is only a gage if that.
I will be good with 3000 miles as the sled cosmetically will be beat to death.:beer;

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
mountainhorse,

I personally will be for the most part @8psi with the button set for maybe 10ish.
I have the pump kit with the inter-cooler so big boost won't be me. Riding abilities.....well I try.lol Spend a lot of time above my abilities so the sled suffers.
I was curios for the most part what people thought the 800 was capable of. This came from hearing that the fuel pump was limiting the amount of hp in the neighborhood of 240hp. I rather not say where the info come from, not that I think it should change what people are "seat dyno'ing" this motor at anyways.
I have been around the yamaha's but not ever seen a single boosted 800 polaris or anyother 2 stroke in person.
And if I told you what I can get vp112 for you would fall over, I can't resale though so pointless to discuss further there.;)

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Well, I've ran my 700 w/BD PG kit and mini intercooler against a SC nytro @ roughly 8 lbs, me at 11 and I smoked him bad 5 times in a row, and yes I have a lot of witnesses. He had a ton of $$ in lightweight toys on it too. Now, that said I've never ran agains a turboed yammi.

I have also run mine up against a D8 turbo and a M8 turbo both around 8 lbs and I was running 9 at the time and it was a dead heat. Oh yeah and I'm 260 lbs fresh out of the shower and both the guys on the 800's were well below 200.

@6000 ft your really looking at running straight race gas @ anything above 10 lbs. I ride mostly 9K plus elevation and have run as high as 12 lbs on 50/50 110 to 91. Although when I pushed it just above 12 it did hit deto.

Also I've got a pile of Aftermarket goodies throughout the sled and I'm still well under 15K invested.

P

POLARIS600cc

Nov 27, 2007
MN
Silber was supposed to be putting one of his sleds on the dyno. I'm not sure if he has done it yet or not. He is developing a clutch kit, and wants to see what rpm they are making power at. Maybe he will chime in with results if he has done it.

Also he said he has run his sleds up to 18psi and then runs out of fuel. I don't know if its the pump or inectors that are the limiting factor though.

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Sorry, I have yet to make it to the dyno, Waiting for the temps to drop a bit, and im busy with my other job right now. But we will be dynoing all boost levels up to 18psi. I will post results once we are done.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i ran 15psi last year (accidently actually) for a good part of the day... and holly chit was it a kick in the pants! i couldnt imagine what 18psi is like, the jump from 12 to 15 is huge! i was only running 112 octane fuel at 8k so once i realized how much boost i was actaully running i turned it back down... there is a one day this year where i will be cranking her back up again though so it would be cool to see some dyno numbers of the power... but everyone must remember that dyno numbers really dont mean a damn thing on the hill. suspension set up and a guy that knows where to be on the sled at all times while going up a steep chute will make it way farther with 50 less hp, witnessed it all year long riding with heston last year. i'd be running 12-13lbs off boost, hed be at 7-8 and still pull better, steeper, lines than i could.

P

POLARIS600cc

Nov 27, 2007
MN
i ran 15psi last year (accidently actually) for a good part of the day... and holly chit was it a kick in the pants! i couldnt imagine what 18psi is like, the jump from 12 to 15 is huge! i was only running 112 octane fuel at 8k so once i realized how much boost i was actaully running i turned it back down... there is a one day this year where i will be cranking her back up again though so it would be cool to see some dyno numbers of the power... but everyone must remember that dyno numbers really dont mean a damn thing on the hill. suspension set up and a guy that knows where to be on the sled at all times while going up a steep chute will make it way farther with 50 less hp, witnessed it all year long riding with heston last year. i'd be running 12-13lbs off boost, hed be at 7-8 and still pull better, steeper, lines than i could.

x2!

Premium Features