• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

mountain cat snow check

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
The last few new sleds that I have bought have been hold overs. This is the first year that I have snow checked. I see guys out east getting theirs already. Is there a way for me to find out when mine will be shipped?

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I was under the impression that the vast majority of new cats had been built, shipped, and delivered already... but maybe not.

Should be soon if not

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
My dad's 162 E-start Mountain Cat is still a long ways out it sounds like. His 2017 162 Mountain Cat with E-start wasn't done last year until mid-December. I'm guessing the E-start ones aren't built until later??? Also there was the shortage of mountain cat chain cases in the early season too so maybe that was part of it.

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
Here its only 2years, we got trailer cover. Oil, belt,mounting straps.

I should clarify. We had 3 options to choose from when I snow checked.
1: 4 year warranty
2: 0% financing for 60 months
3: 2 year warranty + $700 arctic cat apparel & accessories

I obviously chose the 4 year.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
If its anything like last year which it seems to be somehwat on track for delivery was INSANELY stretched out. Some peeps had sleds showing up in august and others were lucky to have them for thanksgiving trips.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
If its anything like last year which it seems to be somehwat on track for delivery was INSANELY stretched out. Some peeps had sleds showing up in august and others were lucky to have them for thanksgiving trips.

2016s were the exact same. I didn't get mine until December. Others got theirs in August. Looks to be the same this year. I will update in the spring. If there is not much changes on the 19s I may just pickup a 18 so I don't have to deal with the snowcheck timing. I really think if you've committed to a snowcheck you should be the first to get a sled. All the snowchecks should be out there before the dealers get there inventory. My dealer had most his inventorywell before my sled arrived. Doesn't make any sense to me.

And to really chap a persons a$$, two weeks after I picked my sled up AC dropped big incentives program.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Almost as bad as the great pro-lite fiasco of 2014...

Cat would really have to bring some phenomenal options to the table or change the program to get me to snowcheck after the way the last few years have worked out.

B
Dec 12, 2014
The last few new sleds that I have bought have been hold overs. This is the first year that I have snow checked. I see guys out east getting theirs already. Is there a way for me to find out when mine will be shipped?

I went in to the local AC dealer and asked about mine and they had a projected production date as well as shipping window so the dealer should have all that information. I was told my 162 w/o electric start will be shipped out on October 16th.

CRJPilot

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2008
Farmington, MN
My dad's 162 E-start Mountain Cat is still a long ways out it sounds like. His 2017 162 Mountain Cat with E-start wasn't done last year until mid-December. I'm guessing the E-start ones aren't built until later??? Also there was the shortage of mountain cat chain cases in the early season too so maybe that was part of it.

Just toured the AC plant last Friday (9/29). The 18 MC 8000 162 ES was finishing its 4th day of production..they on a truck headed your way now!

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
Just toured the AC plant last Friday (9/29). The 18 MC 8000 162 ES was finishing its 4th day of production..they on a truck headed your way now!

Did you see if they were only the 162s or were there other MTN Cats as well? I am still waiting on my 153 non-ES. I haven't contacted my dealer for about a month, I might call him later today.

Premium Features