• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Air sensor relocate recommendations please?

G
Jan 18, 2012
So I have a d&d probreather intake on my M but the air sensor is In front of the air filter...
Where have others relocated it? I'm thinking directly in front of the throttle bodies in the top of the air box and silicone it?? Pictures of anyone else's would be appreciated and did it get rid of that hesitation if your cruising at quarter throttle and HIT IT
I do have oil delete also for those of u that think it may be typica FAT oil consumption
I'm mixing at 32:1 because I don't like the idea of 40:1
Fly low elevation here also

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
So I have a d&d probreather intake on my M but the air sensor is In front of the air filter...
Where have others relocated it? I'm thinking directly in front of the throttle bodies in the top of the air box and silicone it?? Pictures of anyone else's would be appreciated and did it get rid of that hesitation if your cruising at quarter throttle and HIT IT
I do have oil delete also for those of u that think it may be typica FAT oil consumption
I'm mixing at 32:1 because I don't like the idea of 40:1
Fly low elevation here also

This kit puts the sensor right were you are talking about. Comes with a template for the 3 holes that need to be drilled.

https://www.startinglineproducts.com/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=2&catID=6&productID=2455

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
X2 on the slp kit simple straight forward and inexpensive

U
Oct 26, 2014
Minnesota
X3 Agree with the others. The SLP relocation is the way to go. Way better throttle response and SLPs kit and template is super easy.

On a seperate note, I'm looking at getting the D&D probreather for my M as well. I just got back from WY and in the soft sugary snow I kept having bad bogging issues from sucking snow dust into the intake where it meets down on the front and ended up having to Goop and duct tape all the way around it to solve the problem. Do you like the probreather and is it worth the money?

Premium Features