• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adjusting Ski Stance on 2017 MC

B
Dec 12, 2014
Picked up the new mountain cat the other day and was adjusting the ski stance this afternoon. It has 4 1/2 inch spacers on each side. Came from dealer centered, with two spaces on each side of spindle. Went to adjust and move it in 1/2 inch on each side. After I got the first ski done and putting it back together the ski sat extremely lopsided on a completely flat surface. Does the A-Arm need to be adjusted or what is going on? Looks terrible. And the spacers are correctly set on the bushing. Thanks!

Last edited:

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
I've found it is always better to center the ski on the spindle and forget using the spacers for adjustment. That is on every sled but especially on the 16/17 cat with the new geometry it is really noticeable.

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
I was told that even on the 16's if you put the ski's way narrow that it becomes extremely unpredictable on side hills and tips over way easy on anything else. Leave it centered and call it good.

bopper

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
elkford,bc
I'd leave it in the center man. It's so easy to ride and is out of control any narrower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I like running it narrow just so I can let other people ride it and see how many times they tip it on it's side before they get back to me lol.

We had two sleds out last week with shock pressures set exactly the same and both of them were limiteds. The only difference was mine is narrow and his was centered. While his rode fine and was still very easy to ride I still prefer it narrow. Once I got used to it I love how easy it is to get it on edge and turn. Trails absolutely suck but I didn't buy a trail sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
You're just not prying enough! I've never put on a ski that didn't fight if the rubbers were good. If it's easy to put on, you need new ones. Clamps, wood blocks, pry bars, and even c-shaped vise grips are fair game for me.

Premium Features