• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Traction Screws question for you guys

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Has anyone here done just one strip of traction screws in the middle part of the boards? I usually do two on each bar in the middle of the boards, but saw Brian with BMfab do just one strip this year. He told me they worked on some axys' last year. Wondering if that will be enough traction along with the new outer traction they are coming out with...

picture.php

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Fvck it did one row. 2.75" from outer board edge. Bmfab is still waiting on the new style outer traction screws. I always leave the double tunnel layer intact for structural rigidity purposes on the cat when installing these boards. One layer of aluminum can pull out from the other when clamping the boards to the tunnel and riveting otherwise

BY6XlIb.jpg

Semi gloss black boards break up the green well on this sled...
MUCByhr.jpg

Last edited:

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
You're just missing a screw on the last tube. Like I said, that's how we have always done the axys boards and this board is the same width so I will be running them that way on mine pictured above. You will have the billet blocks in time for Colorado.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
You're just missing a screw on the last tube. Like I said, that's how we have always done the axys boards and this board is the same width so I will be running them that way on mine pictured above. You will have the billet blocks in time for Colorado.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I don't put a screw on the back tube so I can easily kick snow through the back hole. Your foot really doesn't hit that back one anyway as your boot starts to go vertical up the rear of the board if your foot is that far back. Haven't slipped there without one the past couple years. I usually put two screws up the vertical part in back, and that does the trick. But want to do the new billet ones instead there this year.

Thanks, definitely want to get the other billet traction screws on before the snow show. And as always the quality is top notch on these boards. Nice not having to narrow the panels up this year!

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Board pictures

I agree.
The black boards look better than the green boards.
I wonder what it would look like with a black tunnel and green boards like the green front spindle and green rails???

Premium Features