• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ultra Q for 2009 M8 HCR

JoeySlushr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
LeCenter, MN
I used to run one on mine. Pretty damn loud and I had to cut it apart to reweld the baffles inside. If that helps any...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
I have been running a super q for many years. not loud at all. great can. In the same time period I have had 3 friends with SLP cans and all 3 of them have failed. baffles fell apart inside.

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
Something smells funny round here...

:deadhorse:

Oh, there it is... :)

FWIW, I have an SLP can on my '09 M8 Sno Pro. It knocked a whole 4lbs off the weight of the sled. It's about the most tolerable of all the cans. I've had it on there for at least 5 years, and it's still fine.

About the only thing bad I can say about it is that it's rusting through the ceramic coating... Just looks dirty, not like there's holes in it or anything.

I went with SLP because it was used ($100) and I wanted to maintain the fairly quiet tone of the sled. I'm going to go back to the stock exhaust this winter. Tire of the noise, and I don't think the 4lbs makes a difference...

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Ultra-Q on my 10 M8 sounds great, not too loud, and performs well. Before the Ultra Q I had the Super-Q on this same sled which was much louder and didn't run as well off idle.

Premium Features