• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aftermarket Bumpers

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
Tri City Bumper!!!

Tri City Polaris bumper hands down. I have one on my sled and it is awesome. I have some bad tendonitis and was waxing trees left and right this weekend. The bumper held up awesome and it looks sweet. It kinda wraps around the side a little to and protects the sides a little.
I highly recommend it!

T

t 800

Oct 28, 2010
tri-city x2 these are very good bumpers don't worrry about cutting your hood it looks perfect when your done.

T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
$196 Skinz
$200 Tri City Performance [note: requires cutting side panels]
$330 FTX Motorsports [note: uses a hiem joint break-away point at the bulkhead, to potentially save bulkhead tabs]

Those are the 3 I've found or seen mentioned so far around here.

I've replaced 3 bumpers this season, stock bumper is the cheapest to replace at $120 bucks. Skins is more expensive, not much more durable in my experience, I hit a small tree at about 3 MPH and bent it enough where the side Panels would not shut properly, Not to mention your cover fits like $hit with the wider front end, So I'm back to the stocker.

If you hit hard enough to break your bumper tabs? It still cheaper to replace the Whole A frame on the sled at $175.00. I like the fasttrax idea of the heim joints, but if the bumper bends just a little bit your back to the side panels not shutting correctly and having a $330 POS bolted on the front of your sled.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
How much cutting do you have to do on the Tri City? That was my next choice, I too mashed up my bumper. After I took mine off I couldn't believe how flimsy the stock one is. I understand it has to give on impact, but for 120 bucks it seems like a toy.

G
Mar 11, 2008
anyone have a stock bumper to sell me! been looking for one for a while. pay shipping and pay with paypal. stock bumper for a pro rmk. PM me, thanks

M
Nov 28, 2007
or
sure wish they'd make one that comes up from the top of the shocks and wraps all the way around the front, this would be worth buying...

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
How much cutting do you have to do on the Tri City? That was my next choice, I too mashed up my bumper. After I took mine off I couldn't believe how flimsy the stock one is. I understand it has to give on impact, but for 120 bucks it seems like a toy.

Not much at all. You just use a little sanding wheel or grinding wheel to remove a small area. If you cut a 50 cent piece in half that is about the size of the section you remove. Once its done you never even notice.

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
hmm

I'm not sure I'd want the bumper hard connected to the upper shock mounts directly..... Unless you were damn sure it would give and not mess up the shock mount location..... my op....

SlingingMercury

Premium Member
Jan 23, 2009
The brushed aluminum sure looks nice. I just replaced mine dammit! Guess I have to wait until another tree magnet pulls me in.

jdtech65

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2008
Northwest IA
Do you think this new extreme front bumper will be as good as the skinz bumper? I've had a Skinz bumper on my last two sleds and never had a problem with it. It held up to all the trees I put it into.

I'll gladly go with this Polaris one if it is going to be as good as the skinz since it will save me $100.

The polaris one has a cleaner look from the one picture of it, especially where the middle mounting bracket is. However the skinz one looks like that middle bracket would make it stronger than the polaris one.

Last edited:
Premium Features