• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lets see those wedges

S

sks rider

Dec 23, 2009
Ahwahnee, California
Here:
1222091305.jpg

and here:
1221091313zdsf.jpg

K

krazytrain

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 11, 2008
montana
old ultra/ psi vanamburg

still pulls and still scare's the bageebees out of my friends & I :eek:
1060 PSI ( when they made them right ) race fuel only
44mm lectron's 151 challerger.
IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

C
Dec 29, 2009
Denver, CO
oh yeah i bet that thing is fun! me and my dad have a '86 600 triple bored to a 707 with i think psi heads on it or something and psi pipes. its hooked up with nitrous too... we have tried and tried to get it dialed in for the mountains but we cant seem to figure it out... we got it to run once really good, i remember i couldn't go anywhere without the skis comin off the ground! but my dads giving up on it i think, he wants to sell it... do u guys think its worth it to keep trying or are those things a lost cause? a little off topic i know but a quick answer would be appreciated thanx guys...

K

krazytrain

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 11, 2008
montana
Thanks guys

camo i use to have a 707 with funny gas old nos kit, and i had to
pick the days when to ride - pain in the butt - i think lectron carbs
would have helped but never tryed them, on good 35 deg days and
no elevation ran on rear wheels all day, sun came out or temp change,
drag it back to the box. use to out run my bud's old piped t-cat like it
was a 500 twin, When it ran, SO don't give up on it, try some carbs,
call SLP they made a few and might have a brain cell left that remembers
how to set-em up.

P
Dec 7, 2007
Braham Minnesota
Id say keep er. IMO i love the old wedges! When i get another sled someday.. pretty sure its gonna be another one of these ol girls for sure. Sounds like you have quite a bit of work put into it also, dont give up! My sled is pretty tempromental about when it wants to be ridden as well. Kinda sucks but when she runs, she runs awesome!

Anyone else have any to show?

C
Dec 29, 2009
Denver, CO
yeah ok ill tell him. actually we didnt do all that stuff to it. we bought it from a lake racer up north. we turned it into a mean mtn sled, but then the running issue kicked our as*. but ok i will convince him cause that one day , when it ran good, i will never forget it...

T

Team Wild

Aug 13, 2008
Belgrade, MT
Heres a couple indy 500's I built for my 2 boys.

We put on seats from a newer RMK and shortened them to make them fit. New paint and a bunch of other stuff.

DSC02175.jpg

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
work in progress

mostly parts i had on my shelf. had the chassis sitting out side and a motor that needed a home 96 xcrsp, the motor never was originally in that chassis so the work began. homade mounts, ultra single pipe to make things easy like building my own aluminum silencer. drop and roll with a 03 rmk chain case to fit the 1.75 128 cat track and clear the doo in tunnel coolers. need to make some drop brackets yet. my homade m 10 suspension that needs a bigger spring for sure 9 in wheels homade extensions. freestyle bars, honda bike seat homade mount, very trimmed hood
xcrlt190.jpg

xcrlt189.jpg

Last edited:
J

jer

Feb 24, 2003
everett wa.
here's the "ultrastorm" i put together for my wife should be a decent sled pretty much stock

Premium Features