• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Advice on changing out rear suspension springs?

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
just loosen your track and raise the back of the sled up. remove the rear 2 suspension bolts holding the suspension at the drop brackets. you will have to loosen the allen set screws on the collars holding the upper idler wheels on. remove collars and idler wheels. carefully lift the springs out of the holder on the rails and relieve tension. remove spring and reverse order.

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
Its really self explanitory. Take the tension off of the installed springs. then un bolt the rear skid bolts and lift the tunell out of the way. Use the allen wrench needed to loosten the allen in the silver aluminum sleeve that is next to the idler wheel. Take idler and sleeve off. Take off old spring. INstall new spring in same fashion only reverse operation.

Looks like big beat me too it by just a few seconds.

R
Jan 3, 2008
way to easy

hang back of sled don't need to loosen track just release frt of spring rear skid bolts let skid drop down 15 min or less

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
Had the HD rear springs, (405 I think they are called), on both my ProXR and Dragon Switchback and I thought the coil diameter on the HD-springs were so large that I made some plastic tube inserts to put in them. Dont realy know if they were needed but it surely made the springs sitt straighter.

N

ne1cadrgn

Dec 10, 2008
Dawson Creek, BC
I think it would make a big difference....lets face it the stock springs are made for a 150-180 pound person I have an 08 d7 163 and the stock springs suck. I think polaris would find the average person is heavier than that.

Premium Features