• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 m8 rear suspension questions

F
Apr 5, 2009
So wondering if there's a way to get this sled up on the snow better. It's a 153 with 2.6 power claw. Thought there was some brackets from kmod back when or wondering if the proclimb rear skid would be the same thing...... Just wanna get it to ride closer to a proclimb. Not selling the sled to upgrade it I already have a 13 proclimb. This is my dad's sled and hes not around to ride it anymore and this was one of the things we were talking about doing to it. Before he passed.

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
geo mod

I don't know if you can find a thread that old, but when this sled was the newest thing many of us did the "geo mod" better suspension and better snow performance. basiclly you moved your front and rear mounting points.

i have the same sled same track geo modded in serveral ways, I haven't thrown a leg over it in several years but I don't recall it really was taking a back seat to any of the new iron I was riding as far as getting up on top of he snow.

Wrenchmaster

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
B.C. Canada
Search for "PC skid in M series" I've replied a couple times, trying to reactivate the thread, I'm really interested in the 12-13 or 14-15 rails in the M-series, supposed to make a big difference. I'm not spending big money on my old sled, but would love to improve it.
Apparently the '14 rails moved the rear arm back a bit and made a big improvement, wondering if that's the way to go with the M

Premium Features