• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Xtra 10 under '92 Indy 500 Done!

R

Rattlin_Ram

Dec 1, 2007
Flatlands
Saturday night finished up my Son's ride for the year. It is a '92 Indy 500 with about 5000 miles on it. We took the Xtra 10 front and rear out of a wrecked '97 Indy 440, moved the rear brackets, and bolted it all up. Also put a new(used) set of SLP SLT Skis on it. Also added a 2" riser. Then we put a newer secondary clutch/spring/helix in it, and new Polaris light blue primary spring. Should run pretty good for his lil '95lb butt on it! Now it just a bath.... and SNOW... damn rain...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Ty Sled Done.jpg
    Ty Sled Done.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 828
R

Rattlin_Ram

Dec 1, 2007
Flatlands
Late response but I haven't been on here much since last winter... It was pretty straight forward other than moving rear brackets. Trailing arms from a XCR should work. However since the XCR has CRC the tie rods won't. My donor sled didn't have CRC (the rack n pinion style steering) so they worked fine. I did find out there are minor differnces in how the radius rods bolt up in certain trailing arms. I thought all X10 non crc fronts where the same. I had to replace one cuz it was bent, bought one from ebay, the radius rod mounts where different so I sold it and bought the right one. It would have worked if I had two of them matching but I didn't.....

VTMTcowboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Looks awesome! Put a 136 xtra lite into my 90 Indy 500 a while back. Those 488 motors are rock solid.

Premium Features