• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help troubleshooting King Cat trouble, drops a cylinder over 5500rpm

U

U turn

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Ardrossan, AB
Sled ran incredible yesterday, but today it drops a cylinder at anything over 5500 rpm. Runs on one cylinder, let it drop back to idle, and you can run up to 5500 again. Changed plugs, checked the ground, no codes flashing. It has done somthing similiar twice before(two seperate days), but would be fine as soon as you let off the throttle, and good for the rest of the day.

I'm in Valemount riding, so any ideas on what else I could check. Could it be the servo for the valves??

05 King EFI. SLP single, boondocker box, EGT's

Thanks

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
Put it on a track stand, run it up to 6500 and make sure your valves are opening? Just a guess.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
Power valves .......very common for cable to be off the servo motor sprocket but even more common cable brokern, visual check 1st, pull little plastic cover!!

But.......if it tends to heal its self up overnight or after warming up ( and cables don't reknit over night or reattach ) you likely have the old water / ice. snow / in thottle flipper, frozen wet connection, when a couple of my pals had these models, several times middle of day, all of a sudden crappy missing no rpm irritating no go, stop dissassemble throttle swith connections, cleaned and dried and away they go...........til next time.

U

U turn

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Ardrossan, AB
Got some help last night from the guy I bought it from, thanks Bigbull. It was the Boondocker box, disconnected it and it ran good today. Not nearly as crisp or snappy as with the box, but got a great day of powder riding in poor visibility.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Uturn

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
The first thing I would try I would try is unplug your BD box and see if it still does it. I have heard of alot of problems with them.

Premium Features