• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'03 1M Cutting Out

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
I have had several engines develop a miss from poor spark plug cap connection. Try a dab of dielectric grease on the top of each plug and then put the cap back on. Also make sure the cap is screwed onto the coil wire all the way. My son and I fought with a sled all winter a few years ago before we finally found the cap was not screwed on but a thread or two. It may be also that your pilot jets are too big. If it is a 900 they came with #50 pilot jets and blubber and smoke until you get up to about 4000rpm. Try some #30 or 35s depending on your elevation.

Last edited:
C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
This is a new problem, jetting is spot on.

Have been doing the dialectric grease for years now. Funny thing is I found a broken cap on the PTO side and thought that was it, but new cap didn't change anything. My concern is that I fried the coil due to the bad cap (this happened on an old Honda Civic I had). I am going to replace both caps and plug wire and give it a shot. Wouldn't be too concerned, but I leave for Cooke Friday without a lot of time to find the problem.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Premium Features